Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2002, 08:36 PM

Default Best EDL program for ProTools/Deva?

Still on this questions of TITAN vs. TAPE vs. POST-CONFORM:

Which one handles multi-channel production sound the best? I want to simply assemble up to 4 channels of Deva 24bit material per take to a simple EDL without having to do a lot of file renaming or session merging. The Deva can produce BWFM files or SD2 files with timecode stamp (and, in the case of BWF, Scene&Take metadata), and the soundroll is the 1st three characters of the filename.

From looking at the Post-Conform documentation, it does not seem like it's designed for automatic detection of soundroll/timecode info from a pile of soundfiles.

Finally, Wildsync (makers of TAPE) offers both "Post Utilities" and "Post Conform". Does anybody know the difference between these two pacakages? Their website is a bit confusion.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Best EDL program for ProTools/Deva?

Tape is still not compatable with PT 5.1, I know the website implies that it is but it's actualy not so yet. This may make no diference to you but you should know it going in.
SK
Old 06-06-2002, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Best EDL program for ProTools/Deva?

Quote:
Originally posted by potatohead:
Still on this questions of TITAN vs. TAPE vs. POST-CONFORM:

Which one handles multi-channel production sound the best? I want to simply assemble up to 4 channels of Deva 24bit material per take to a simple EDL without having to do a lot of file renaming or session merging.

Proconform (wildsync) is a lot more flexable, but not nearly as intuitive as Titan. Both involve some renaming or file management, but not nearly as bad as having to rename each soundfile to the scene/take name (as I believe you have to do for Postconfom to work)

Finally, Wildsync (makers of TAPE) offers both "Post Utilities" and "Post Conform". Does anybody know the difference between these two pacakages? Their website is a bit confusion.
It's Rick Steele's program, and in his defense, he's usually really busy and Digi keeps changing their code, so everytime Digi does an upgrade/update it throws his program a curveball. You're probably better off talking to him...he's very helpful on the phone.
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]