Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2000, 11:51 AM

Default I need a track transfer that will convert from 44.1 to 48K

Does anybody know of a way or a software that will work similar to track transfer but that will convert from 44.1 to 48?.
When working on an album sometimes I get tracks that are already on PT's at different sample rates and resolution, bouncing won't work to transfer some of these tracks to my session because I need them how they are, in many regions and already sitting where they are supposed to be. It's easy to go 16 to 24 by "save session copy in" and just then track transfer the tracks needed to your session but there is no way to do this from 44.1 to 48K,
why?. This for me is a real problem and I'm trying to find a way to do this without having to bounce and recreate hundreds of placed regions.
Old 05-16-2000, 05:18 AM

Default Re: I need a track transfer that will convert from 44.1 to 48K

Get "Session Browser", from Gallery Software, it was made for this very reason. I needed to SR Convert a bunch of sessions from 44.1 to 48k, and tried Digi's new Digitranslator-what a waste of money.First, you have to convert your 44.1 session to an OMF file, then SR convert and file convert back to a PT session file. It converts the audio OK, but renames all the soundfiles some garbled names, however the region names don't change.The biggest dissapointment w/Translator is that you lose all of your automation, or at least I couldn't get it to transfer. With Session Browser, you click one button and your done.All of your volume,pan, and mute automation is transfered, but not sends/plug-ins. It also does a whole lot more. It was definitely worth the $450. You can contact Gallery through Digi's Partners web page. Good Luck,
Brian
Old 05-16-2000, 02:48 PM

Use "convert and import" in your audio regions pull down menu
Old 05-16-2000, 02:52 PM

bounce it so it's in it's correct place....then convert the new bounced region.
Old 05-17-2000, 03:48 AM

Thanks a lot soundhound I had read about it but did not know it worked like track transfer, I'm going to get it.
lankypimp, I don't think you read my post correctly, I need to transfer hundreds of regions already placed and edited in tracks,
you can not do that with convert and import.
You can use it to import whole files from other sessions but it won't place your regions in a track. I don't know what you mean by bounce so it's in the correct place but when you bounce you can convert at the same time, you don't have to do it later, and it will create a whole file loosing all your separate regions, on top of that if you have to do 83 tracks of vocals like I had to do the other day try bouncing that two at a time, I think I will I wil try Session browser.
Thanks to both
Old 05-19-2000, 10:22 PM
Avid

Also remember that Digidesign released Digi-Translator which can do the sample rate conversion and much more.

B Carter
Digidesign
Old 05-20-2000, 09:42 PM

Although Digitranslator will do SR conversions, it will not (yet) do them from PT to PT session - only from PT to omf or omf to pt. If you are not doing OMF work, then you should not get Digitranslator. You *should* get Session Browser regardless, because it is a wonderful utility which I cannot work without.

In addition to SR converting sessions, you can varispeed an entire session by many fixed rates (24fps to 25fps, pull down, etc) or type it in. Will "resolve" sessions, make file names unique, the list is endless.

Can also save your ass if you accidentally have the clock rate at one SR and the session at another.

dc