Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf43 View Post
Nice name calling StewartFang, manners are not high on your list. 'eh?

As for the PT software being worth $2500.....yea, right.....the only thing that makes Pro Tools Pro Tools is it's hardware, which, again, is just too expensive at the moment....
Well if you look at pt10 + CPTK, that's $699+$1999. Which is roughly equivalent to HD. So while I don't like it, it is how avid looks at it. They've mentioned before the included HD software is why the HD|N card costs what it does.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:48 AM

Default Re: I think figured out why HDX isnt jumping off the shelf

The pt10 + CPTK price is comparable to all of its direct competition's list price. It just isn't as commonly discounted by dealers.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the answers CME & Bob, that puts it in a slightly different light....
Old 10-23-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilulilu888 View Post
Firechild..... This is BS..... I have moved from hd3 accel to HDX 1 3 days ago .... Nothing to do with downgrade..... HDX feels like a brand new Ferrari ....the old HD accel cards felt tired and heavy....plugins are not everything in life..... Or in daw..... I don't know where do you get your info , but it is clear to me you have no expirience with HDX yet... So you are calling it a down grade..... But hey dont listen to me..... Take dave pensado , tony masarati and many more heavy mixers who replaced HD 3 or even HD 6 with the new system... Maybe they got it for free as they were testing it for avid... I know tony masarati did.... But Dave pensado is well known for paying full price for protools products since he loves them so much... Why would those guys downgrade their setup???? Think again.... If you feel it's not the time for you to HDX ... That's fine , but misleading people around here with some incorrect information is not the way to go....
HDX is nothing but amazing.... more plugins are being added every week to the aax format.... I wish you will have the opportunity to upgrade too so you'll see how much better it is , and you'll be able to enjoy it as much as I and so many more users are enjoying it.....
It's a downgrade in terms of available plug-ins..... There are FAR too many major players missing who may NEVER develop HDX versions.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=325386 Personally I wouldn't touch DUY with a barge pole what with their history of customer support so they don't count

Personally, I'm hanging on until it looks like HDX has a definite future. Without healthy 3rd part plug-in support I have my doubts.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
It's a downgrade in terms of available plug-ins..... There are FAR too many major players missing who may NEVER develop HDX versions.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=325386 Personally I wouldn't touch DUY with a barge pole what with their history of customer support so they don't count

Personally, I'm hanging on until it looks like HDX has a definite future. Without healthy 3rd part plug-in support I have my doubts.
HDX will keep going with or without waves and others. Why? The other companies will see the opportunity to fill the gap, and HDX is much more than just plugins, it's also voice/track count and a much improved I/O count. Not to forget a much improved ADC, a huge jump in sound quality, Improved pathways, improved processing with 32 bit float double precision and 64 bit float double precision mixer. The list goes on why HDX is still an extremely good purchase with the 85 plugins available at the moment, and more coming in the future even without waves and some of the others.

At this point it's people who have and worked with it vs people who did not. I highly suggest you find yourself a place (dealer) where they have it setup and you spend serious time to work with it, then you will understand why it is. Just speaking about plugins missing without having even tried it objectively is just biased skewed and extremely subjective commenting on a product that you have 0 understanding of.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 AM

Frankly what I would miss from Waves: Paz, Ren De-esser, X-Noise, API2500, Ren Reverb maybe.

One thing that posters here are missing: There isn´t a legacy port anymore. So, no way of using pre-historical Mix interfaces neither Blue HD interfaces.

When upgrading and to continue having an IO of 32, people like me will need 2 brand new interfaces.

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 AM

Like I said before... And emcha_audio pointed as well .... People are talking here out of ignorence.... Really... How can people have such a strong impression of protools HDX... Without even using it.... Once!!!! Protools is way more then just a platform for plugins.... There are so many plugins for aax.... Stop crying like little babies... You are just jealous.... And it's pathetic.... You wanna stay with a 10 years old technology go ahead , but stop trying to ruin the fun for the rest of us with your sorry self excusing ignorant explanations for why shouldn't you buy HDX.... I espacilly liked the one who still doubts the future of HDX.... That was really hilarious ..... Made me think about those who thought mp3 would not replace cd's and cd's would not replace vinyl...... Really..... HDX is here to stay... People where always afraid of new things.... And HDX creeps the hell out of those who simply can't work with out having all those 400 plugins.... So what??? A good mixer can perform with the basics.... And what we have right now for HDX aax is much more then just the basics.... The avid stuff is great... McDsp is amazing softube is mind blowing.... If you wanna put your future in waves hands that's your problem.... I love waves don't get me wrong .... But a 64 bit protools is more important for me.... And explaining my clients that I mix their stuff on the latest most advanced technology is far more important for me then a few dsp waves plugins I now run on rtas.........open protools and make the best with what you have... The Beatles recorded their first albums with a 4 track machine so if you can't make music with 256 tracks and 80 plugins maybe you are in the wrong place dude.....
Avid Omni HD
MacPro 2.4 Xeon 8 core 24Giga
UAD-2 And most of the UAD plugins
All AAX DSP and Native Plugins (all most)
Tons of Hardware...:)
Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 AM

ilulilu888 Calm down dude, you'll burst a blood vessel. I can see why people get defensive about their investments but did you actually look at this list.....

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=325386

I don't see how anyone can put a positive spin on this one year after HDX has been in the market place and at least three years since HDX development started.

There are NO 3rd party HDX delay plug-ins PERIOD....No H-Delay, Echoboy, Echo Farm....
There are no HDX filter/modulation plug-ins....none of that nice Eventide/Soundtoys stuff... a BIG NOTHING. Just mediocre Avid stuff mostly. Only two verbs and neither of them mainstream. Altiverb is probably years off. So who is going to fill this HUGE void of plug-ins and when?

The number of PI developers that have NOT committed to HDX is scary. I'm holding on to my money until I'm convinced HDX is a platform with a future. It seems many PI developers feel the same. At the moment, the jury is out with sales only in the hundreds and thousands of boxes unsold in the dealer channel.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 AM

Alecio,

You can still use the blue HD interfaces with HDX. You just need the Digilink to Mini-Digilink adapter.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM

Really??? I thought this was something for 10.x version only.

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Closed Thread