How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2012, 05:17 AM

Default Pro Tools 10.2 Fresh Install Fixes issues

Hi Everyone,

Thought it might be beneficial to some of you having issues with 10.2 to share what I experienced. When I first updated my system with version 10.2, I was experiencing all kinds of instability issues. For example,

1. CPU Overload
2. Record Enable would auto-activate on selected track.
3. Automation would not copy and paste from one track to another.
4. Entire application would lock up.

I ended up completely removing Pro Tools from my system and performed a fresh install of 10.2 plus the virtual instruments. After modifying my I/O settings, I was good to go.

The Record Enable activating by itself on the select track is still present but only if I'm using my AxiomPro61 controller. I hope Avid gets this fixed ASAP.

I no longer have any CPU Overload issues (using the same session that I was having all the problems with) and Automation Data does copy and past correctly. Also, haven't ad any lock-ups.

Hope this helps someone who is having issues.......
Old 06-13-2012, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10.2 Fresh Install Fixes issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckgreenjr View Post
Hi Everyone,

The Record Enable activating by itself on the select track is still present but only if I'm using my AxiomPro61 controller. I hope Avid gets this fixed ASAP.
This auto record/enable problem appears to be present in the Axiom controller line, both Pro or otherwise. No one to my knowledge has found a workaround. For now we just have to be careful and de-activate the record button on the affected track until a fix is posted (hopefully).
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:54 AM

At least you managed to get it working.

Avid once again have forced me to spend the rest of the day reformatting my system.

Thanks a lot.

PC: Windows 7 64-Bit, ASRock Extreme 4 x79 Mobo, Intel Core i7-3820K @3.6Ghz, Kingston HyperX 16GB Ram, OCZ Vertex 3 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD, GeForce 560Ti GPU, SIIG TI Firewire Card, PT Keyboard.
O/B: Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, Alesis D4 Drum Module, Alesis MIDIVerb4, M-Audio Axiom 49 v2, M-Audio BX8a's, Audix DP7
Old 06-14-2012, 06:24 AM

Well I'm back, post-reformat.

I too am getting some locking up issues, I've just got the rest of my system sorted so there's not a great deal of point completely restarting again. My CPU is overloading like never before though. I have a lot of plug-ins up, but it's always handled it just fine before.

It's going to take some experimentation to get it sorted. And a lot of sifting through the forums I imagine.

PC: Windows 7 64-Bit, ASRock Extreme 4 x79 Mobo, Intel Core i7-3820K @3.6Ghz, Kingston HyperX 16GB Ram, OCZ Vertex 3 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD, GeForce 560Ti GPU, SIIG TI Firewire Card, PT Keyboard.
O/B: Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, Alesis D4 Drum Module, Alesis MIDIVerb4, M-Audio Axiom 49 v2, M-Audio BX8a's, Audix DP7
Old 06-14-2012, 09:15 AM

Sadly, this is still a pretty regular troubleshooting step. This is why I always do full system backup before any upgrade, and of course, never ever upgrade in the middle of a project.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasdragon View Post
Sadly, this is still a pretty regular troubleshooting step. This is why I always do full system backup before any upgrade, and of course, never ever upgrade in the middle of a project.
I'm learning that very quickly.... not in the middle of a project.....
Old 06-15-2012, 10:19 AM

I've been experiencing the automation bug where I can't paste or duplicate it. My solution has been to use the paste to current automation type command ... good to know that a fresh PT install could help, thanks!

I've also been experiencing a similar bug, where a copy of a plugin with automation doesn't actually respond it's own automation, maybe that could be fixed as well :)
OSX 10.7.5
Old 06-15-2012, 01:47 PM

judging from the elapsed time of release and the number of bugs reported and fixed, i'd say they are fixing one bug every 23 seconds of the 5 day work week!!!!: