Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2008, 06:04 PM

Default Insane Phasing Issues

Ok so I am having some issues regarding samplers in PT LE. 7.3.1cs7.
In Battery 3 I load 1 sample. I hit preview in the browser of Battery and the file plays back completely normal. I then drag the sample to a cell and trigger using my controller and phase mania 08 begins. I go through the options to look for anything suspicious and notice nothing that makes any sort of difference. I then fire up reason 4 and load the same sample into the NNXT (preview in the NNXT and sample plays back fine) As soon as I trigger the sample it its completely out of phase. I then upgraded to cs7 and same problem. I have restarted the machine several times and still same proble. I have a project I need to start using a sampler and I can't afford to have this happen right now. I'm tearing my hair out. Any ideas? I have also obviously tried different buffer and sample size settings and that doesn't do anything either. My system is an Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4600+ 2.41 GHz, 4 gigs ram.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Avid

Default Re: Insane Phasing Issues

Could you give us a little more info on what you're using to trigger the samples? Is it possible your controller is double-triggering?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:45 PM

I'm using the M Audio AXIOM, via the usb port

LOL, I just figured it out thanks to you, I had the wrong midi input selected. It was double triggering.

Hrmmm strange.....After I reassigned the midi input The samples triggered were sounding normal till I recorded a take. After recording the take and playing back I'm getting the phased out sounds again. And now when I trigger sounds I'm getting weird phasing. I don't get it....
Old 12-16-2008, 02:18 PM

What do you mean exactly by 'weird phasing'? Is it slowing down/speeding up? Or are there two samples playing?