Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2008, 11:59 AM

Default So i think i figured out what i\'m going to do ....

I got a hp a6200n pc with a amd processor and been havin problems with pt. I was thinking that i should just take out the processor and motherboard and replace it with a intel q6600 quad core processor and a intel p5k motherboard. But i don't know which p5k processor to get i see like 5 of them on newegg.com. What do you guys think? I was thinking of getting of getting that motherboard "Albee1952" uses would solve the problem but i'm at the point where I want to play it safe and get the intel system since people said that it works seriously. u guys think i should keep the current amd system nd get the motherboard that Albee1952 uses or just get an inte system?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:03 AM

Default Re: So i think i figured out what i\'m going to do ....

depands how much money you wanna spend. the intel chip will perform much better than the amd but obviously the cost of a new motherboard and cpu far outweighs the cost of a motherboard for the amd.

if you go intel and want Asus, get the P5K-E or P5K-E WiFi-AP or if you need to save money, the straight up P5K works well but is not as solid in terms of power regulators and cooling arrangement. if you don't overclock, this is not a problem.

the board we have been using for builds recently is the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P as it has the digi approved TI firewire chip on board.