Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Auto-Talkback Dim Release Time

I've been getting lazy and using auto-talkback recently, but was getting confused by it a little yesterday.

Was tracking accoustic guitar and vocal, played to a click track. Pretty standard session.

Due to the release time of the dim from auto-talkback mode, the talent wasn't hearing Bar 1 Beat 1 of the click in their headphones. I could hear it in the control room, but they weren't getting it from the cue 1 output.

They were coming in fine on the 2 of whatever bar they started playing on, but it made it a little weird for me to listen to.

I was just wondering if anyone had come accross this before or if there was a way of changing the release time of the dim function?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Auto-Talkback Dim Release Time

HI Iain,

I agree that it is a bit slow to disengage when pressing play. It would be nice to have it faster. I too have experienced the same exact senario.

In addition, I have been experiencing a similar but different problem and that is the speed at which the talkback comes on! It seems that when I press stop on the transport, the talkback doesn't come on right away and I end up having to repeat myself for the talent to hear what it I was trying to communicate.

I definitely suggest programming the on and off times of the auto-talkback to be set faster.

mike
Old 05-14-2007, 05:29 AM

Thanks Mike, I haven't had that second problem you're talking about. Well, unless I'm not using auto-talkback and forget to push the button.

I haven't noticed the first problem before, and it wasn't that major. Just annoying to hear a 9 beat countin in a song in 4s in the control room.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:01 PM

I'll add a "me too" to Iain's original problem. Today I had a singer who was claiming he couldn't 'find the 1' on a percussion intro and kept coming in late. In the end I realized I was starting playback on the exact bar. As soon as I changed the start point to a tad earlier, everything was fine.

Please fix this!!