Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 09:07 PM

Default DAE (-9073) errors once and for all...

okay first off it recently came to my attention that i have been an asshat when it comes to posting and asking for help. so i am trying to do this correctly, starting by making my signature, which i havent been able to do because a) i cant find the signature field and b) when i think i do it is always too long. but that is beside the point, i will just copy and paste it.

so i read every single thread about these 9073 errors. i have disabled and enabled journaling. i have done all my optimizing and caretaking of my mac. i have run through all of the troubleshooting steps, including uninstalling and reinstalling both pt and tiger.

the only thing i havent done is try "spotless" yet, but i will if i cant find any other ideas.

what is happening is that, even if i am trying to record just one track with out any plug-in's, i get the DAE error -9073 after about 30 seconds of audible recording. no matter what. i havent found any solution to this problem on this forum, so far i have only found reports on the problem, which, however good because it DOES after all help digi help us, doesn't help my at the current moment.

can someone please give me a point in the right direction with what is going on here? i am anxious to finally use my new computer and use some of the new features in 6.9, and this is really bumming me out. i am so over my panther and 6.4 set up, not to mention i really want to sell my old computer... and i have sessions this weekend.

if you can't help, at least tell me which is the current thread to be reporting these problems in. or you can yell at me for being a n00b or whatever. i am sorry, i am trying to do my research and do my part and not waste anyone's time. i'll keep working on this signature thing while i wait...

thanks!

1.42 GhZ Power PC G4 iBook - 512 Memory Built-In - Mac OSX 10.4.2 - Digidesign 002r - PT LE 6.9 - Furman8 Power Conditioner - Behringer Ultragain 8 Pro connected via Optical - ADAT & set as clock source - DigiRack Plug-In's - Izotope Vinyl Plug-In - BF Essential Plug-In's - EQ III - iTunes 6.0 (17)
Old 10-14-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: DAE (-9073) errors once and for all...

If it's happening in all your sessions than it's possible that you need to replace your hard drive.

If it's happening on a particular session try this becuase this always happens to me and I think it happens because of writing volume automation while playback or in "all" mode (in group section) and adjusting volumes on "all" your tracks... something like that but here it is:

Open your problematic session, select the "all" mode so all tracks are grouped, select volume so all your tracks show the volume lines on your edit window, shrink your edit window down to the smallest it can go (hit "r" repeatedly), go to the very end of your protools session, ie. scroll to the very last bar, and see if there's automation (particularly volume) written on any or all of your tracks. Erase all the info at the end there. Go back to the top of your song/session and deselect "all". Playback or record and see if the 9073 comes up again. If it does then something is really wrong.

Good Luck,

RS
Old 10-14-2005, 11:30 PM

cool man

i am looking forward to trying this tomorrow in the morning when i can make some noise and get some levels coming in... i also just finished dl'ing and setting up spotless... which even if it doesnt help i dont really mind having since i never used spotlight anyway and its not permanent... i'll keep you posted, and i really do appreciate the help so much!

-sam

1.42 GhZ Power PC G4 iBook - 512 Memory Built-In - Mac OSX 10.4.2 - Digidesign 002r - PT LE 6.9 - Furman8 Power Conditioner - Behringer Ultragain 8 Pro connected via Optical - ADAT & set as clock source - DigiRack Plug-In's - Izotope Vinyl Plug-In - BF Essential Plug-In's - EQ III - iTunes 6.0 (17)
Old 10-14-2005, 11:46 PM

Any reason you have not bumbed up to the latest cs4 release of 6.9?

I would not give it a very high chance of solving your problem, but you never know. They might have corrected something in these later updates that solves your specific problem.

Hey, NICE SIGNATURE!!!
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 10-15-2005, 12:07 AM

thanks, i am working on not being an asshat anymore.

just to be safe, i dl'ed and installed 6.9.2cs4, but i think i had already done that. i'll update it in my "sig". i hope all this works, i really do...

thanks!

1.42 GhZ Power PC G4 iBook - 512 Memory Built-In - Mac OSX 10.4.2 - Digidesign 002r - PT LE 6.9.2cs4 - Furman8 Power Conditioner - Behringer Ultragain 8 Pro connected via Optical ADAT & set as clock source - DigiRack Plug-In's - Izotope Vinyl Plug-In - BF Essential Plug-In's - EQ III - iTunes 6.0 (17)
Old 10-17-2005, 08:12 PM

I don't run a portable but how fast is the hard drive in there. I just looked at the Apple specs and it ships with only a 4200RPM drive. That is sloooww!! Plus it is your system drive, surely you have read that Digi do not recommend that. Also you have really low RAM. My suggestion would be to research getting more RAM ( good quality ) and try recording to an external firewire drive, at least 7200 RPM and set it up exactly as Digi says. Good luck, hope this helps.

Lister Coleman
G4 1.25GHz MDD DP, 1.25GB RAM, OSX10.3.9, LE 6.9, 002R, Reason3, Drumcore, GPO,Recycle etc etc etc.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:28 AM

did all the above suggestions and nothing worked, so last poster, i am thinking you are right.

so here is my new question, should i upgrade this ibook to 1 gig memory and get an external firewire drive that runs at a much faster rpm, or perhaps upgrade this drive to 5400 or whatever it can go up to (something around that area)

or, should i buy a copy of tiger and install it on my g5, upgrade the 256 memory on my imac g5, and run ptle6.9 on that?

please, tell me which route to take, which one is cheaper too!

thanks so much everyone.

1.42 GhZ Power PC G4 iBook - 512 Memory Built-In - Mac OSX 10.4.2 - Digidesign 002r - PT LE 6.9.2cs4 - Furman8 Power Conditioner - Behringer Ultragain 8 Pro connected via Optical ADAT & set as clock source - DigiRack Plug-In's - Izotope Vinyl Plug-In - BF Essential Plug-In's - EQ III - iTunes 6.0 (17)
Old 10-18-2005, 08:25 PM

I can't answer that for you as I have no experience with either computer. My guess is that if you up the RAM to around a Gig on the iBook and get an external 7200RPM fiirewire drive for the audio recording, you should be in good shape. It seems quite a few users have that setup.You must follow the Digi procedure to format the drive though, to the letter.

Now I would imagine that the G5 will be much faster, but you will still need more RAM and you will still need to get a second drive going for the audio recording. So the cost will be close The drive in the iMac is a 7200 drive so it will work faster than the iBook in general.

In Los Angeles I think you can get a decent size external drive for around $250 and I would guess at good quality RAM around $150 for 512.I wouldn't use Kingston or any of that crap. I use Apple RAM or approved.

Anyway, check out at the digi site Support>compatibility>PT LE Systems>PT LE 6.9.2 for Mac OSX 10.4>supported CPU models, speeds and requirements>iBookG4 etc etc scroll down to hard drive minimum requirements etc. All the info you need is there.

Good luck, Lister.