Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2001, 08:44 PM

Default XP 60 HE*&

I have hooked up my roland XP 60 through oms to the digi001 and am trying to get it to work correctly.
I can get sound and all through creating a new midi track and choosing input as channel 1 on the xp 60, however i have to set my output to stdptchs16(patch changes 1-16) and not an output channel(like oh channel 1 output) i have set the midi through. and on the XP 60 have gone through various things. if i set local switch to off on the XP i get no, NADA, NOTHING for sound coming back out through an aux track with the outputs assigned. if i DO try to set it to an output other than a patch change i get the (*&%^^stuck note. i have gone through every concievable combiantion of local switch/remote keyboard switch combination i can think of. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

i can get sound through the way i have it but boy wouldn't it be nice if i could use midi within the context i'd hoped for, like i don't know getting it set up to send and recieve through digi and assign sounds to it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

please help! desperate and stuck just like the midi notes...

ken;
Old 10-17-2001, 09:53 AM

Default Re: XP 60 HE*&

help... bump
Old 10-18-2001, 12:50 AM

Default Re: XP 60 HE*&

I don't understand why you have set output to stdptchs16(patch changes 1-16) and not an output channel. This seems wrong?

Set the keyboard for local. Has OMS auto detected the keyboard correctly?

Make a midi track use midi channel 2 and place with the pencil some notes. Does the Keyboard recieve the data?

Now on a new track and a new midi channel can PT in midi record mode recieve data from the keyboard?

I don't know if you have patched the keyboard AUDIO through your system correctly so if in doubt use headphones at the keyboard. Don't use any solo buttons etc for the time being.

With so little info it is hard to advise from here but the (patch changes 1-16) doesn't seem right.

Check here for an OMS preset names file for the XP60, http://www.visionsj.com/oms/names.html