Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2003, 07:24 AM

Default Screen Freezes Constantly and Need to Reboot (running DIGI002)

Hey guys,
I'm CONSISISTENTLY receiving SCREEN FREEZES on my machine while playing a few limited tracks where I then have to reboot my machine. My session has very small amount of things going on including 1 midi track triggered via my OXYGEN 8 midi controller, 1 aux, 1 regular audio track, etc. After about 3-4 minutes of running PRO TOOLS, the SCREEN LOCKS UP and I have to reboot. NO ERROR Messages! This is constantly happening !!

I have completely reinstalled pro tools from scratch and still having this issue..

I'm running the following-->
AMD XP 2000+ w/768 Megs RAM
SCSI Seagate HD for my Audio
OXYGEN 8 Midi Controller
MOTU Express XT (8in/8out) MIDI Patchbay
XP Professional O/S with all Updates

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have sessions all day today and dont' know what i'm going to tell the CLIENTS!!
Old 04-05-2003, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Screen Freezes Constantly and Need to Reboot (running DIGI002)

Quote:
Originally posted by asher400:
MOTU Express XT (8in/8out) MIDI Patchbay
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the motu is probably your problem. try unplugging it to see if you still get those errors.

i had problems with a motu fastlane while helping a friend setup his system. it didn't cause the computer to freeze, but it was causing all kinds of errors and sucking cpu away from PT [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

if the motu turns out to be your problem and you recently bought it, try exchanging it for the parallel port version instead of the usb version, or try the m-audio 8port midi hub.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:44 AM

Wow thanks Da basstard! I'm also experiencing Unexpected Reboots out of nowhere as well..

I'm just hammering away some cool drum beat going via my Midi Controller and the whole System REBOOTS without Giving any Indication or Error Message..totally out of the blue?

Is this something that you have seen as well that the MOTU might be causing?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2003, 08:15 AM

Nope Didnt' Work!!

I routed my OXYGEN 8 midi controller to the MIDI IN on the DIGI 002 this time and completely BYPASSED the MOTU EXPRESS XT MIDI Patchbay (disabled it in the device manager) and i'm still experiencing the SCREEN FREEZES and RANDOM REBOOTS..

Please tell me what ya think it could be? It happens about 4-5 minutes in the session..I watch the CPU Usage meter and it is very very small...So it's not the CPU that is stressing?

What could this be? I can't stand these FREEZES and Random out of the Blue REBOOTS..

?????

can someone help?