How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 PM

Unhappy "floating point exception" in thread "mainthread", at address 0x0

Hi, I need help please! I had Pro Tools v10.2 and when I was trying to change the device hardware from Pro Tools Aggregate Audio to my 003 interface, Pro Tools crashed. I ended up switching my Macbook Pro off at this point as nothing would respond, and I rebooted. Now whenever I have tried to get into Pro Tools it comes up with 2 different errors alternatively each time it crashes. I tried uninstalling and updating to Pro Tools 10.3.2 and also updating my ilok, but it still crashes with these same errors alternatively:

Error 1: Pro Tools Could not initialize the current playback device. Please make sure that the device has been configured correctly.

Error 2: "floating point exception" in thread "mainthread", at address 0x0