Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2010, 09:17 PM

Default why isn't 8.03 supporting the original MBOX

I paid 500 bucks for the MBOX with the factory pack when it came out and have been using PT for VO. I am bummed that the 8.0.3 update doesn't support it. I just did a VO and the update came on and I updated. I had to uninstall and go back to 8.0. I am on SN. I don't seem to have any problems, but will I see them soon?

I really can't see buying a new MBOX2. I hate to say it, but I may have to get Apple Logic Pro and a Presonus and leave pro tools.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 PM

Default Re: why isn't 8.03 supporting the original MBOX

It'll cost you much more in terms of money and time (learning curve) to buy Logic Pro and a Presonus interface (you're probably thinkin FirePod) than to just upgrade your 8 year old Mbox to something that 8.0.3 supports. You paid somewhere around $5 a month to use your Mbox for the last 8 years or so.... sounds like a good deal to me. If you're doing voiceovers as a business, it's about time you upgrade your equipment anyways. Even IF you didn't want to plunk down any more money into it, what's wrong with just sticking with PT LE 8? It works perfectly fine. You seem adamant about updating your software to the latest version but don't seem to want to update your hardware....
Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 AM

Default Re: why isn't 8.03 supporting the original MBOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pronto View Post
It'll cost you much more in terms of money and time (learning curve) to buy Logic Pro and a Presonus interface (you're probably thinkin FirePod) than to just upgrade your 8 year old Mbox to something that 8.0.3 supports. You paid somewhere around $5 a month to use your Mbox for the last 8 years or so.... sounds like a good deal to me. If you're doing voiceovers as a business, it's about time you upgrade your equipment anyways. Even IF you didn't want to plunk down any more money into it, what's wrong with just sticking with PT LE 8? It works perfectly fine. You seem adamant about updating your software to the latest version but don't seem to want to update your hardware....
+1000000

This has been my point about the old Mbox for a looong time now. Over 8 years how many times have people spent money upgrading their Mac, Plugins, Pro Tools software, etc etc etc... but "OH NOES! The MBox is no long supported?? Well... guess I'm gonna have to spend more money and buy Logic and a different interface..." This is completely backwards to me. How many hundreds/thousands of dollars have you spend upgrading in the past 8 years that you can't bear down and upgrade your interface?

I understand we're in rough economic times, but if you use PT to MAKE money, how is it that one cannot factor in upgrading their interface, but have no problems upgrading their software and their Mac?

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515