Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2008, 05:08 PM

Default Two problems running while pro tools... Help : (

Problem no.1 - "CPU usage is holding off USB audio. Remove some plug-ins, delete some tracks, or increase the "H/W Buffer Size" in the Playback Engine Dialog. (-9136)" I've been getting this dialogue when I use Wave Arts plug ins like Masterverb, track plug, and final plug. The thing is that it doesn't take more than one plug in to really make play back difficult. There is a glitch stuttering that happens when the song plays. The computer has a lot of ram and power, so it doesn't make sense to me that is I've ran them on this computer without a problem before, and my friend with a less loaded computer has no problem running these plug ins.

Problem no. 2 - I have an electronic drum kit which I wire through a m-audio midisport 1x1 midi port. It works fine when I'm playing it through reason alone. With no delay whatsoever. But when I run pro tools and try and record drums through the midi port in reason, there is a latency issue that makes it hard for the drummer to monitor the actual drum track, I usually have to run the audio out of the electric drumset and mute the reason drums so that he can actually hear what he's playing.

2x3GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS X 10.5.1
Pro Tools 7.3cs1
4GB 667MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM RAM
I have 3 hard drives attatched. One's USB the other two are firewire. I also have a radium 49 m-audio keyboard attatched, as well as an m-audio 1x1 midi unit for my electric drum kit.

I don't know what to do.
MBox Original
Pro Tools 7.3.1cs5
Tiger OS X 10.4.11
Old 01-15-2008, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Two problems running while pro tools... Help : (

what is your interface? mbox? You still get delay at the lowest buffer size? You try auto input monitoring
Old 01-15-2008, 06:09 PM

its an mbox, i have the h.w set to 1024 samples and the playback buffer set to 0,if i change 1024 to a lower one i get the usb warning without even having the plug ins... it was already set at auto input monitoring
MBox Original
Pro Tools 7.3.1cs5
Tiger OS X 10.4.11
Old 01-15-2008, 06:27 PM

Try putting the Playback Buffer back to the default, then try bringing down your H/W Buffer size.

You should also note that Pro Tools is not yet fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). While it does work for some, for many others running it in Leopard is just a headache.