Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2009, 11:10 AM

Default Import session data volume auto problem.

Hi there,

When I import a track with a session start time at 1:00:00 into a session that starts at 00.00.00, I always have residual automation that I CANNOT get rid of. When I triple click on the volume automation, it highlights AFTER the session where I cannot actually delete. Its like the automation point is in the abyss, and I can't get to it!

Here's a screenshot.

/Users/dxi/Desktop/Picture 1.png

Any way to remedy this?

One suggestion/feature request that I have regarding import session data is to have an option for "import volume as static" or something so that you can import just the static level of a track. I know, this can get weird when a track has automation on it...just thinking out loud.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Import session data volume auto problem.

Opps...here's the pic...I think. First time I've posted a pic.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:53 PM

If you look at the very end of the edit window, you will see how there is a highlighted section that MUST contain an automation point. However, try as I might, I cannot delete it. I know that there are workarounds, but this is VERY frustrating! Even the "clear all automation" function will not get rid of this! Its like a booger on your finger that you just can't flick off!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 PM

Anyone????
Old 04-22-2009, 03:50 PM

thats weird, I have no solution for what's in your Pic... however, you CAN "Unselect" Volume and Send Automation, in the Import session Dialog, import the track, with "No automation.

Then, re-Import the same track, this time WITH automation, and highlight the automation you WANT to keep, over the regions, and Paste it to the track you imported with out automation.

I do admit this shouldn't have to be a "WorkAround" - If I have time, I'll try to re-produce this scenario, and see if it might be a Bug in PT HD8

are you running cs2?

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App