Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 02:12 PM

Default Syncing ADAT to OO2R

Hello...
I never have really worked on my LE rig I mostly only with HD rigs at studios so I need some insight from people who maybe have done this before. I'm sure I could figure it out but I know there is someone on here who would love to help me. Just aquired an ADAT machine for free and figured atleast I can use the 8 extra inputs, that is if I ever track with my 002. But I acutally had some clients of mine need some transfers from ADAT and if theres more than one tape I just need to know how to sync the 2 together. More curious at the moment, not a desperate situation where I need to know.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Syncing ADAT to OO2R

I have done several transfers with this setup. If you don't have a BRC I think you have to have some kind of sync device.
There is some info at Alesis web site that might help. Hope this works for you.

On BRC

1. You need to go MIDI out of the BRC to the 002R midi in.

2. Go light pipe out of adat to in of 002R.

3. Make sure the BRC is sending MIDI Time Code (press edit then gen sync, press gen sync until midi shows, press up or down arrow to show mtc =on, press edit then press gen sync it should light up. You will have to reset this for every NEW session.

In Pro Tools
Adats are most of the time recorded at 48k, remember to set your new session to the correct clock speed. and bit rate.

1. In hardware setup set to adat instead of internal.

2. In setup Peripherals dialog, set the device to "generic MTC Reader," and set the port to BRC. use port 1. In midi setup make sure you have the BRC configured to BRC midi out to OO2R midi in Port 1.

3. Then, in the Session Setup Window , check that the session start time and frame rates match what you have coming from the ADATs/BRC(incoming time should be the same as Locate Song Time). It takes about 10 seconds to sync. you can reset start times if needed.

4. Arm tracks you want to record. Arm record in transport bar.

5. Put Pro Tools online by clicking on the 'clock' icon in the Transport bar, then start playback from the BRC.

There should be no need to use MMC in this situation.

Best of luck
Shumo
Old 06-22-2006, 06:47 AM

yeah i dont have the BRC so I'll have to figure it out with out the BRC. I have a Midi Time peice 2 that I acquired...will this help me at all. Just about to wire up my entire setup so I'll hook up what will be usefull and get rid of the stuff I dont need.

Thanks for your help though.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:16 PM

Sorry for the delay I have been out of town.
The Midi Time Piece should do the trick.
Here is an article that might help.
http://www.alesis.com/support/cc/sync.html

Hope this works for you
Shumo