Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Beware of DUY

Well I given them more than enough time to respond and still nothing from DUY. No authorization code and no response to any of my emails.
So as much as I hate to say this, I would caution anyone not to order anything from them through their web site.
There is something seriously wrong at DUY so beware...
RonB
Old 11-08-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Beware of DUY

and for those of us who don't know what DUY is?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:49 PM

Quote:
and for those of us who don't know what DUY is?
DUY is a Plugin company.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:10 PM

The last time I had to upgrade my DUY plugs it took 3 weeks to get an answer from them reagrding links to the new downloads, then another 2 weeks to get the new auth codes.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:04 AM
DUY

Dear all,

Many thanks for your comments.

First of all I'd like to explain that if you haven't been receiving a reply from us recently, it's due to absolutely dreadful problems we've had with our Internet Services Providers. To make the story short, and regarding the registration forms on our website (which are the same for demos and for full versions, by the way), the system works in this way: when you complete the form, an email is sent to us saying that someone has requested a demo, or a response to the challenge of a full version, or an iLok authorization. We receive the customer's details by email, and at the same time and in a preventive way, the details are stored on our database.

About 3 weeks ago, our hosting service installed without our permission an antispam utility that simply blocked out most of the messages we were receiving from our server. Funnily enough, not all of them were blocked. When we realized this, we tried to recover all the emails from the antispam service, only to find out that it was configured to delete them within a day if they had not been accepted. So, we thought it wouldn't be a major problem since our database would include the remaining requests. To make it chaotic, instead of downloading the partial database, it was uploaded, therefore overwriting the requests of approximately 2 weeks. This may seem a little bit stupid, but if you have a company, you will know that this kind of thing can and does happen, although it's once in a blue moon.

Without wanting to bother you with these problems, you may have noticed that our homepage has also been unavailable recently, about a couple of hours a day more or less. This was the extra problem that may have made that some of your emails didn't reach us. Needless to say that we have changed ISPs now, so you should have no trouble at all in contacting us.

It is all very unfortunate, but quite obviously no company that releases new products is interested in ignoring customers, don't you think?

To "RonB"... Please send me an email at sales at duy.com with your challenge code. If you haven't received that response yet it is just due to the fact that all the emails and registrations of over 2 weeks of update are being manually responded one by one now, and I insist that we are human and replying to all the messages we have managed to recover.

I thank you all who are supportive of our software and say sorry for any problems some of you may have had in contacting us by email over the past 3 weeks (I insist that this has only happened to some emails (for example, all AOL.com emails were not received!!).

If you have any questions or need anything from us, please let me know at the email address above.

Very best regards from Barcelona.

Xavi - DUY
Old 11-10-2005, 01:44 PM

Thanks Xavi, I do appreciate your response and the email with my challenge and serial number has been sent.
BTW great plugs (esp Valve)looking forward to using them again !

Thanks RonB
Old 11-10-2005, 11:39 PM
DUY

Hi RonB,

I'm glad your DUY software is up and running now and, for our peace of mind, our internet systems working correctly (touch wood, keep fingers crossed and whatever is needed!!!

All the best,

Xavi
Old 11-11-2005, 04:33 AM

Thanks Xavi

Guys I have to say not only is DUY back up but they really on top of things.
I sent in the wrong challenge(duh) and received a code that did not work.I immediately resent the correct challenge and went to bed.I woke up this morning and behold I had the correct auth. code waiting for me. Kudos and once again thanks Xavi

RonB
Old 11-11-2005, 05:54 AM

Sounds Like you need a Better IS Manager, As an IS Professional for over 20 Years, it has always been my policy with every company I have worked for to relay issue information such as this to the entire customer base ASAP, no exceptions that is what customer service is all about.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:17 PM

i'm emailing them and sweetwater. no resonse to either. great products but the worst customer service i've ever seen with software.