Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2009, 03:07 AM

Exclamation TL Space True Stereo Routing Issue - HELP

Hi List,

I already talked to digi´s tech support but they werent able to reproduce the problem i have with the tl space tdm plug in. even their solution advice couldnt fix the problem.

i wonder if anyone else can reproduce what i hear and observe. i would be glad if u guys find the time to try this. (tdm systems prefered). sorry for my bad english.

1> open 1 mono-track and insert signal generator with any sort of noise(white noise is most comfortable to your ears

2> open 1 stereo bus and insert the "TL SPACE LARGE TRUE STEREO" plug in. Route to LR

3> open the tlspace plug in window. now turn the panning of monotrack with the Signal Generator hard left and hard right

4> you should hear the reverb moving to the sides by turning the panning
as it should.

5> now change the tlspace plugin to "TL SPACE MEDIUM TRUE STEREO" and start from step 3 again. now look at the plugin window and listen...

what u hear and see ?

im realy curious about your answeres...

tnx in advance for the time u spend on that,
best René
Old 02-18-2009, 04:41 AM

Default Re: TL Space True Stereo Routing Issue - HELP

It's been like that since it came out.
If you check, then it "only" uses two DSP's when in medium true stereo, while that is the same in regular stereo.
The short true stereo uses 4 DSP's ...as does the long true stereo.

iMac27 i9 3.6 (late 2019) / 64 GB Ram / OS 10.15.7
Apollo 8 / PT Ultimate 2020.9.1
Old 02-18-2009, 08:27 AM

Default Re: TL Space True Stereo Routing Issue - HELP

and why digisupport says : ???

Hello Rene

I have tested this on Pro Tools HD 7.4 with V8 of TL Space.

Again, there seems to be no problem with the routing

I have attached a screen shot
Have you tried trashing all Digidesign preferences?

Response - 01/08/2009 04.04 PM
Hi Rene

I have tested this with using both a mono and stereo audio track and in both cases I was able to get signal via the right channel on the TL Space plug-in, see attached.

Did you install Pro Tools 8 without uninstalling any previously installed version of Pro Tools? If so, you may want to try uninstalling Pro Tools completely from your system and just installing Pro Tools 8 if the problem persists.

Digidesign Technical Support