Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2008, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Euphonix MC Mix & Pro Tools LE, any user\'s?

Hi All,
I heard about this board 2 years ago. I was very excited to finally see it coming out of... China. I bought a 12 faders system attached to my HD3 that worked fine for about 2 or 3 weeks and then.... well I don't know what happened, the board doesn't control PT anymore BUT PT controls the board from the software??? After many hours of testing and talking to CS, I'm going to send them back for evaluation and put my good old HUI back in service.
For a reputable company, this product feels cheaply made. The faders [the main reason we have a board] aren't as smooth as my HUI alps faders.
Also the fact that Digi isn't supporting EuCon protocol doesn't help either [Thanks Digi, ANOTHER fine move there on your part].
Although I have to use DIgi products right now, I've had my hands on Nuendo and liking it very very much.
My 2 DBs
Old 07-15-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:

Also the fact that Digi isn't supporting EuCon protocol doesn't help either [Thanks Digi, ANOTHER fine move there on your part].

I would rather for Digi to continue making better controllers of the their own then to support other protocols.
I think they learned a valuable lesson from designing the HUi with Mackie about not having full control of design rights and will continue to deal only in their own designs.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:37 PM

Ok, I know that I said that I would give it two weeks, but I just can't. I really tried to like this product, I rooted for it, I re-searched it & now, I'm sending it back as of this Friday.

1.) It does feel & look cheap in person (hell, I even had a fellow producer/client tell me so today).
2.) The faders "jerk" during automation, even on something as smooth as a fade-out/in.
3.) THIS DOES NOT PLAY WELL WITH HUI!!!!!!!!!!
4.) Lacks basic function keys (zoom, punch-in, etc.), yes, the MC Control is supposed to support these functions, but I should have followed my 1st instinct & went with the DIGI 003.

Pro Tools is my primary DAW, I use others within or as an extension of & I'm not looking to replace Pro Tools, so I rather have something that works well with it. I'll most likely will be adding the DIGI 003 in the very near future, for the mean time I'll swap back to my DIGI 002 (G5) & put my DIGI 003 back on my PC.

Thank for your feedback & insight.