Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2002, 10:13 AM

Default "Error opening Document" (session file)

Hey guys, I'm new to the DUC, I've had my digi001 for about 6 months now. I was hoping someone could help me with something I haven't seen posted here. I'm running a P4 1.7G, 256M RDram, windows 98se that I built recently. Here's the problem: I created a few sessions in Windows 98 original and then I backed all the data up on cd and just recently upgraded to 98se (i had thought that I had se, but I was wrong) well, when after I set up se and installed pro tools and tested that the demo session that came with the cd worked (it worked perfectly) I tried opening one of my previously saved sessions and immediately I got the message "error with open session command, could not open document" or something very close to that. Also if it helps one of the sessions was a template and was saved and burned as "read-only", the other was just archive, but when I transferred from the cdr to the hard drive, under properties they were read only and archive, I've tried changing these but to no avail. I would greatly appreciate any help, I know you guys are the best! Thanks!
Old 02-13-2002, 10:21 AM

Default Re: "Error opening Document" (session file)

you have to select everything in the folder you put back to your harddisk from cd and uncheck the read-only checkbox. Except the template you made ofcourse.

Bastiaan
Old 02-13-2002, 10:44 AM

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, I will try that when I get home and hopefully that will work, I'll let you know tomorrow, Thanks!
Old 02-14-2002, 07:16 AM

I was really hoping that would work, but unfortunately I got the same message. The exact wording is:

Could not complete the "Open Session..." command because: an error occurs while reading the document.

Any other ideas? I wonder if it has anything to do with upgrading to 98SE, from 98, I wouldn't think so, but maybe.

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2002, 09:54 AM
Avid

If you are running PT LE 5.1 or later, create a New Session and use the File>Import Tracks command to move the data into the new session file...will it open?

Brent
Old 02-14-2002, 10:34 AM

I'm at work, so I'll try when I get home to import the wav files to a new session. I'll respond tomorrow morning and hopefully we can figure something out from there, thanks a million!
Old 02-15-2002, 07:54 AM

Yeah, I can 'import audio to track', but I cannot 'import track'. I think I am going to run screaming back to Windows 98 original, I'm having nothing but errors with SE, none of my bombfactory or waves plugs work either, I get some sort of DAE error.
Old 02-15-2002, 08:56 AM

strange.....i hahe '98se and everything works fine....waves and d-verb also (the only other plugins i have)

Bastiaan