Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2016, 09:00 PM

Default HDX Not Available Switching To Airplay?!@#

OK, my main rig is pro tools 10 HDX card/(2)lynx auroras..i also use cubase 7 and logic pro x...and when I'm referencing things on you tube/computer the HDX card is used as well...heres my trouble...EVERY TIME I SWITCH BACK TO PRO TOOLS MY HDX CARD IS NOT AVAILABLE??? IT SAYS ITS SWITCHING TO AIRPLAY...i pull up avid core audio manager and sometimes it says "not connected and other times it says connected or it says IN USE... but still when go to open pro tools it won't let me use the HDX Card ...super frustrating and time consuming...can someone tell me what i need to do to use this with all my daws...thanks
Old 06-14-2016, 09:49 PM

Default Re: HDX Not Available Switching To Airplay?!@#

Don't want this to happen? Stop using the HDX for things besides Pro Tools... especially YouTube... turn off any OS X/system use of the HDX. You can do that with built in Output and a monitor controller if you need it on the main monitors. Core Audio support ah has issues on the best of days.

You can try making sure nothing else is currently using the HDX/Core Audio and try holding down 'N' when starting Pro Tool and select HDX.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:54 PM

thanks for the quick reply...so how do i turn off/make sure nothing else is using the hdx card?!@#...i just upgraded to HDX wiring everything back up in the studio...i got excited and lazy about patching in a little apogee duet for computer playback...thanks
Old 06-14-2016, 09:58 PM

In Audio/Midi Setup Audio settings make sure the HDX/Core Audio device is not selected for "use this device for sound output/input" or "play alerts though this device". Make sure no other audio apps/DAWS are open that use CoreAudio devices directly. Then open Pro Tools.