Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2013, 11:51 AM

Default 11R as Audio Interface?

I'm hoping this is easy. I would like to have my computer mp3 jam tracks play through the headphone output of my 11R, allowing me to jam along.

I do NOT have Pro Tools, just the 11R hardware.

So, is there a way to set up the 11R so it will be the playback device for my computer audio? For reference, it's a Windows 7 system, has both usb and firewire.

So far, I've tried connecting the usb cable from the 11R to the computer, but the computer does not "see" the connection. I've also tried connecting my M-Audio Solo via firewire. (Details, computer to Solo via firewire, then spdif in & out on the Solo to spdif in/out on the 11R, selecting spdif as the computer sound. At least through the headphone output, the tracks aren't playing.)

I'm hoping this is an easy question and there is an easy fix. I can always purchase Pro Tools if that is the only way to do this, but I'm thinking there must be a cheaper solution.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Default Re: 11R as Audio Interface?

You have to install the device drivers for the Eleven Rack, and connect it via USB, they will present the Eleven Rack as a standard (Mac OS X or Windows) audio device.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...n-Rack-Drivers

Darryl
Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 PM

Default Re: 11R as Audio Interface?

Ah, exactly! So simple. Works GREAT!