Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2010, 03:16 AM

Default Maximum instrument tracks in LE

So, for the first time since using Protools 8 LE I appear to have exceeded the maximum amount of Instrument Tracks allowed.

I was genuinely surprised to find that inactive Instrument Tracks contributed to the total 32 allowed. This is in contrast to Audio Tracks where there can be 128 tracks in a session but only 48 of which may be active. Like many I'm sure, I bounce Instrument Tracks to Audio Tracks to free up resources, but keep the Instrument Track inactive in the session incase I need to change it and re-bounce later.

I suppose it's relatively easy to work around this limitation by storing inactive Instrument Tracks in separate session, but it's a niggle.

I know it's LE ( with MPKT1 in my case ) and there's supposed to be limitations, but this one seems a little heavy handed. Something like 64 Instrument tracks with a possible 32 active would be great and wouldn't really step on the toes of the higher priced options.

By the way, when the maximum amount of Instrument Tracks is exceeded whilst using import session data, there is an anomaly with the session notes.txt describing the dropped tracks. It says that one of the existing tracks in the session got dropped when what actually happens is the track you were trying to import simply doesn't get imported.