Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2003, 09:00 PM

Default Re: OT:The Grand Canyon

Missed bryce the first time, but on this trip we did see bryce, and it is well worth the extra drive. We also checked out Zion (sp).

As far as montana, they took me for a week skiing trip (snow boarding for me) in big sky a about a month ago. Beautiful, and of course the best skiing i have ever done (and i have been many places). I think we got like 4 or 5 feet of powder in that one week(first week of march).
Old 04-13-2003, 09:10 PM

IF anyone is silly enough to vixit British Columbia, Canada, you must go see my favourite spot in the world. It's easy to get to: Head for Sasquatch Provincial park (No I am NOT making that up!) and when you see the sign for the park, take the logging road to the left, and drive until you see an extremely majestic waterfall, it goes from the top of the mountain to unbelieveably far below you, and you cross a bridge made of ancient tree trunks 6 feet wide. That's width, not diameter! Nothing like driving down a dirt road with a thousand foot drop beside you, no rails, and logging trucks coming at you to make it all the more impressive [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] , and fun! And the view, from the mountain top to the lake below...Incredible. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sasquatch Provincial park is a nice place to camp too, just watch out for the bear poop. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2003, 09:11 PM

Sheesh, I have to see some of these places. I've been to a couple of islands, but the closest to the Grand Canyon is seeing the Northern Rockies up in Canada, which were awesome, of course. I've never been to Europe either. I feel like I'm missing so much.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:26 PM

Bear poop?!! YUK! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I was actually inspired to write a little instrumental tune about Sedona,AZ if anyone's interested:

www.mp3.com/joelkanning - the song is called "Sedona's Calling" ( @#%$!! MP3.com doesn't allow linking to mp3's anymore [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ).

Roy - I think the trick is to be able to find beauty/inspiration in your own surroundings - but I do have to admit, a trip to the southwest is a helluva lot easier! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2003, 04:45 PM

These are special places no doubt,BUT please spare us the goofy "vortex" stuff.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:07 PM

What "goofy Vortex stuff" would that be? I must have missed it someplace... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2003, 08:29 PM

Stone, must have been my rant here:

Quote:
Originally posted by anthrock:
hiking to various vortex's & rock formations
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I didn't realize that I was going on. All I know is that someone handed me a map to hike to various points of interests, one being something called "vortexs", of which I thought were merely certain types of rock formations found in that part of the country. However, sounds like Jeff had a bad experience with one. Consider yourself "spared".
Old 04-14-2003, 09:36 PM

I've never been to the Grand Canyon (although it seems like everyone I know has been). It sounds like one of those truly awe-inspiring places that would literally take your breath away.
I would be tempted to mention some other amazing places I've been to, but that would spoil the show for the star of this thread- the Grand Canyon. I hope to see it one day...
Old 04-14-2003, 09:46 PM

I dunno, Anth-man. I thought we were being inspired by the beauty of nature.

I still am. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2003, 10:46 PM

For: gorgeous landscape, active volcanos, big glaciers and of course the best looking women on the planet, well come over here and see for yourself. It's Iceland [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]