Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 PM

Default Help needed with 'dinosaur' of a TDM system

Hi,

I'm a longtime user of Pro Tools on PCs mostly (even as far back as Session 8!), but only the USB hardware (Mbox/M-Audio) at home, or TDM systems already up and running in proper studios.

I recently had the opportunity to pick up a bargain on an old, but complete TDM system, which includes 888 and 882 Audio Interfaces, 2 x DSP Farm PCI cards, and a Disk I/O PCI card (and all the cabling).

It also came with a PowerMac G3 however this wasn't working. After reading on these forums that this TDM system also works on a PowerMac G4 with OSX 10.3, I picked one up on eBay for $20! Another Bargain!

I own Pro Tools 9, but I've read this old hardware doesn't support anything past 6.4.1, so I purchased this via the Avid Store. It's installed fine.....

However.....

With all the PCI cards installed, the PT software installed, and the 888 interface only connected to one of the cards, I get the dreaded 'Unable to locate digidesign hardware' error message.... I also tried connecting to the other PCI cards with no luck.

Am I missing a stage in the process of setting this system up? I've inserted the PCI cards, installed Pro Tools 6.4.1 software, hooked up the 888 interface and turned it on, and fired up Pro Tools.

Is it that simple, or am I missing a step along the way???

Any help and advice would be appreciated..

Mike