Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2022, 01:35 PM

Default Dolby Atmos Plugin

Anyone using Dolby Atmos plugin suite with Pro Tools 2021.10 + MacBook Pro OS Catalina. Everything working ok or do I need to update Pro Tools.

Many Thanks
Old 04-15-2022, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Dolby Atmos Plugin

At one point I was using that combo and it was fine. I have since upgraded to m1/pt 2021.12 and it is still fine!
Old 04-15-2022, 10:39 PM

That's great...just what I wanted to hear (I think). Thanks for getting back to me. Just one more thing. When you used Pro Tools 2021.10 were you restricted to 64 channels or did you have full features as listed below?? Thanks for getting back to me.

Dolby:
The non-Ultimate version of Pro Tools can be used for Dolby Atmos content creation running on a Mac by using the Dolby Atmos Music Panner plug-in and Dolby Audio Bridge with the Dolby Atmos Production Suite.

There are, however, significant limitations: only 64 channels of I/O (with Pro Tool 2021.6) and only mono/stereo busses.

Upgrading to Pro Tools Ultimate adds additional I/O (128 channels), up to 7.1.2 busses, ADM BWF import/export, native immersive panning, I/O setup integration with the Dolby Atmos Renderer, and a number of other Dolby Atmos workflow features.

Last edited by johnny_uk; 04-15-2022 at 11:06 PM. Reason: More information
Old 04-16-2022, 02:55 PM

I've been on Ultimate for years, but those sound like issues you'd face if you're on Vanilla.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:22 PM

And to be clear that is only >64 IO with Pro Tools Ultimate if using Digilink IO. Which means you need at least two HDX cards, a Digilink license (included when you purchase an Avid Digilink interface box), and Digilink interface boxes. So get out da check (or cheque) book.

Your system info says UR44 interface, you will not be able to combine/use that with the new Digilink setup you would need to purchase if you want to do > 64 IO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_uk View Post
That's great...just what I wanted to hear (I think). Thanks for getting back to me. Just one more thing. When you used Pro Tools 2021.10 were you restricted to 64 channels or did you have full features as listed below?? Thanks for getting back to me.

Dolby:
The non-Ultimate version of Pro Tools can be used for Dolby Atmos content creation running on a Mac by using the Dolby Atmos Music Panner plug-in and Dolby Audio Bridge with the Dolby Atmos Production Suite.

There are, however, significant limitations: only 64 channels of I/O (with Pro Tool 2021.6) and only mono/stereo busses.

Upgrading to Pro Tools Ultimate adds additional I/O (128 channels), up to 7.1.2 busses, ADM BWF import/export, native immersive panning, I/O setup integration with the Dolby Atmos Renderer, and a number of other Dolby Atmos workflow features.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 04-16-2022 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2022, 01:43 AM

Thank guys... All the info is much appreciated. I have updated my systems info. Not sure its an expense I would cherish + there are less expensive ways of achieving what I may want. I already use Dolby Atmos with Nuendo 11 and can export easily as an ADM file...just don't have the speakers, although I can Monitor through Headphones. I guess Pro Tools is just too expensive for me. Thanks again for all your help and please don't take this as a knock on Pro Tools....it's just the expense

Last edited by johnny_uk; 04-17-2022 at 01:56 AM.
Old 04-18-2022, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
And to be clear that is only >64 IO with Pro Tools Ultimate if using Digilink IO. Which means you need at least two HDX cards, a Digilink license (included when you purchase an Avid Digilink interface box), and Digilink interface boxes. So get out da check (or cheque) book.

Your system info says UR44 interface, you will not be able to combine/use that with the new Digilink setup you would need to purchase if you want to do > 64 IO.
To be clear, if running DAPS with PT Ultimate you will get 128 outputs to the renderer with no additional digilink licenses necessary, and you don’t need HDX cards.

We’re not talking physical I/O here. I/O from PT to the Atmos Renderer.