Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Slaving Pro Tools...?!

Greets,
First off i'd like to ask a question that may cancel out this whole post, which is, can Pro Tools be slaved to an MPC using the MPC as the start and stop device, and recording all MIDI info from a keyboard onto the MPC, not Pro Tools?! The reason i'm trying to do this is because i have someone laying down a few guitar parts to some drums i have created on the MPC, and he needs the drums playing in order to get the correct feel during his performance that's getting tracked out into PT. I know i could create a click track and just have him jam off that, but we both really want the drums playing in order to capture the correct feel. So what i do is open a new session, connect him directly into my MBox 1, send the output of the MBox to my mixer along with the output of the MPC, thus allowing me to monitor both sources. Though i also know i could track my drums out into PT first and then have him come over top, but 10 out of 10 times we start a track from the gound up, drums and all, that's the only reason i'm looking to swap the normal configuartion of PT being the master and everything else slave, i don't want to lose the vibe we have because i have to stop production and track my drums. If this can even be done and anyone knows how to do this, i'd very much appreciate your help and/or suggestions... Thanks in advance.