Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2023, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Does anyone actually have a stable PT/EUCON system?

Sorry to hear about your nightmare zakco. Can you get the 2023.3 version of Avid Control on the Google Play store? Or is it the same version and deal as Apple? It's been a long time since I've used Android.

The iPad auto-update with no downgrade options truly is a nightmare. I had it happen to me recently and I went without for a few weeks. Fortunately I 'borrowed' my son's iPad Pro that didn't have auto-update turned on with a working Eucon version 2022.12. And gave him my newer one to use.

If I were to update to Eucon now it would have to be 2023.6 which seems problematic with the new track width issues, etc.

However, I have finally "backed up this iPad" so that if, somehow auto-update gets 'turned back on' I will still be able to restore from this working iPad image.

I'm hanging back on my 24-core HDx cMP 5,1 on 10.14.6 with 2 older Avid Artists and a Dock on 2023.3 fwiw. Working well for the most part.
Old 08-14-2023, 08:28 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterDecay View Post
One of the issues is we never get cs updates anymore. Its always bug fixes and new features wrapped into one thing. You cant sit on the sidelines waiting for the cs2 update.
You do with EUCON...last 5 releases have had a dot/bug fix only release shortly after the feature release.
Old 08-14-2023, 08:46 PM

In my opinion, it's not actually possible to have a reliable, consistent system that is tethered to a separate iPad app. It is asking for trouble.

You said it yourself - all you have to do is accidentally update something and you're potentially screwed.

I don't believe any professional with clients should use iPad apps for anything mission critical, especially if they interact with other software.

I think this EUCON/Avid Control debacle shows that Avid's (or anyone else's) pro mobile software needs to work via TestFlight or something where the users are basically beta testers and allowed to install different versions of the same software, revert if needed, etc. You never want to be at the mercy of the App Store.
Old 08-16-2023, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
I think this EUCON/Avid Control debacle shows that Avid's (or anyone else's) pro mobile software needs to work via TestFlight or something where the users are basically beta testers and allowed to install different versions of the same software, revert if needed, etc. You never want to be at the mercy of the App Store.

good idea
Old 08-18-2023, 03:34 AM

I'm on Eucon 23.6 with an Artist Mix and my setup has been unusable for months. I have a 2020 Intel iMac running Ventura 13.4.1 at the moment. Even if my Artist Mix manages to stay connected, the lag between the controller and PT is just absurd.

I'm so frustrated at this point I'm tempted to abandon Eucon all together and just get a UF8.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:12 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyAtCaptive View Post
I'm on Eucon 23.6 with an Artist Mix and my setup has been unusable for months. I have a 2020 Intel iMac running Ventura 13.4.1 at the moment. Even if my Artist Mix manages to stay connected, the lag between the controller and PT is just absurd.

I'm so frustrated at this point I'm tempted to abandon Eucon all together and just get a UF8.
Can you clarify a couple of things. As 23.6 hasn't been out for months, are you saying it was unstable with 22.12.1 as well? Have you applied the plist fix yet for 23.6?
Old 08-18-2023, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakco View Post
Just updated PT to 23.6...fingers crossed!
Hi Zakco, I'm in exactly the same boat as you are but I'm still on PT 23.3 at the moment. I am looking forward to hearing if the PT 23.6 Eucon 23.6 combo work better for you.

I might be extra hesitant to upgrade because I need to purchase a PT Ultimate reinstatement for this one...
Old 08-18-2023, 03:02 PM

I just rolled back to 22.12.1 (oh look a .1 hot fix) and turned off the tablets until the bean counters decide that its ok to release a real fix.
Old 08-18-2023, 03:16 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterDecay View Post
I just rolled back to 22.12.1 (oh look a .1 hot fix) and turned off the tablets until the bean counters decide that its ok to release a real fix.
22.12.1 was two months after 22.12.0 so I don't get your point. Bean counter? EuControl and Avid Control are free.

This forum is for helping customers. You can also make constructive criticism, but trolling for the sake of it is not allowed.
Old 08-18-2023, 03:43 PM

nothing that avid does is free

And its entirely constructive to inform people to roll back until you guys can put an update out. There are probably thousands of people having problems right now.