Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2016, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Renew your Pro Tools Upgrade Plan...

That's all good. I have Space although I don't use it much like I used to. The stomp boxes are excellent and well worth having but I'd advice purchasing them.

Anyhow, I finally managed to resubscribe! Just one last question, does anyone know if I have to do something to get my iLok updated? It is still showing the red icon with the date 05/09/2016 under "All Licenses" in the iLok License Manager and currently the green one with the date 09/09/2016 when I click on the iLok itself.

The iLok account is linked to my Avid account and I have waiting the 15 mins it mentions in the Avid blurb. Many thanks in advance once again!

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 09-07-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
...does anyone know if I have to do something to get my iLok updated? It is still showing the red icon with the date 05/09/2016 under "All Licenses" in the iLok License Manager and currently the green one with the date 09/09/2016 when I click on the iLok itself.

The iLok account is linked to my Avid account and I have waiting the 15 mins it mentions in the Avid blurb...
I too are wondering about this. I have renewed, and in my AVID acount it now showes valid to 09.09.2017, but in the iLok Manager it shows valid to 09.09.2016
ASUS X99-E, Intel Core i7-6850K, Noctua NH-U9S, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz 16GB, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 PCIe SSD (System), Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD (Data), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD (Sample), WD Desktop Black 1TB 3.5" (Audio), Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060, Corsair RM750x 750W, Samsung 34" LED Curved, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Lynx AES16e, Aurora 16, Cakewalk by BandLab, Pro Tools 2021
Old 09-07-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Musikk View Post
I too are wondering about this. I have renewed, and in my AVID acount it now showes valid to 09.09.2017, but in the iLok Manager it shows valid to 09.09.2016
I guess we'll find out on the 10th!

I hope Avid just pumps a new update to iLok and all we have to do is sync up and go?

Stephen

Old 09-13-2016, 05:53 AM

My iLok is showing my subscription is "expired" but my subscription was renewed the other week.

I've tried this but no joy.

"Q) Why didn’t I get a new Pro Tools Plan or Pro Tools HD Plan subscription license when I renewed my Upgrade and Support Plan or Plug-Ins and Support Plan? My license still shows it's going to expire soon.
A) Renewing a Plan does not deposit a new license, it extends the expiration date of your original license. The expiration of your subscription license is automatically changed just prior to the end of your Plan's term, not necessarily on the date you renew. So while you will see the "Time Period" displayed with your product in my.avid.com change upon renewal, the expiration date on the Plan license in your iLok account will not change until it's within a few days before the end of your term. Note that if your Plan license's expiration date doesn't change by the time your new term starts, you should right+click on your license (in iLok License Manager) and select Refresh."

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Stephen

Old 09-13-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
My iLok is showing my subscription is "expired" but my subscription was renewed the other week.
I've tried this but no joy.
"Q) Why didn’t I get a new Pro Tools Plan or Pro Tools HD Plan subscription license...
"Pro Tools Plan" and "Pro Tools HD Plan" are the licenses that authorize the bonus plug-ins. Looking at your account it appears you are instead referring to the "Upgrades" license in your iLok account. That license was included for future use but never implemented, so you can safely ignore it. (I'll add that to the FAQ.)

You can even Hide it in iLok License Manager to stop displaying it. Select it in ILM then go to Licenses > Hide -or- right-click > Hide.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Musikk View Post
Same as above regarding the "Upgrades" license - That license was included for future use but never implemented so you can safely ignore (or hide) it.