Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2012, 09:10 AM

Default Can't relink to files after session has come back from PT10

I recently opened a session on 9HD, then sent the PT session to someone with the plan that they could then send me back the .ptf and any extra audio files they added, making the ftp time shorter. However, they are using PT10 and so the first problem was that I got a .ptx back which couldn't be opened. I got him to do a 'save copy of session as' so that he could do it for 9.0.6 compatibility.

I could then open up the session but virtually none of the files relinked. I searched automatically and manually trying every option. I made the place the files were stored as the only searchable folder, searching with only name selected (not file ID, duration, type), clearly seeing they were spelt the same (albeit the 'offline' ones were in italics) and it still didn't link to it.

Now I did notice that the file ID's on the session returned to me had changed, which would scupper my idea of linking to the original session regions. But that is a secondary problem to why it wouldn't link by just the name. As it happened it wouldn't link t original or new files.

Any ideas anyone? My only thoughts are a compatibility glitch between platforms or some strange effect of turning the privacy from spotlight on for the drives (as suggested in AVIDs optimisation guide)
Thanks

3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
PT HD2 9.0.6