Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 10:34 AM

Default how to use Reason refills from a non-system hard drive?

I have a powermac G5 with 2 internal drives, i'm running PTLE from the system hard disc and recording audio to a firewire 800 external drive.
Most of the time i'm using Reason as a sampler rewired to PT, it is installed on the system drive right now.
i thought that -if there's a way to pick the Reason samples from my 2nd internal drive- my PT system might perform better than now.. is that right?
The problem is that it looks like the Refills that come with Reason (factory soundbank + orkester) they have to be on the Reason main folder to work.
Is there a way to move those refills to my 2nd drive? Should i install Reason on the 2nd hard drive instead of the system drive. Would it work?

thanks
matteo
Old 11-17-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: how to use Reason refills from a non-system hard drive?

I dont think reason would effect the performance of your computer to be honest?Other than the fact that you have two programs running. Its not as though reason streams massively multi sampled samples like BFD does for example. I could be wrong in saying this!I use reason a lot rewired in pro tools and it has only ever effected my sessions if im using low buffers and lots of audio tracks and pluggins or similar and recording tracks...you know just stuff that you would expect performance to lag with!What is actually happening to your comp?how large is your session etc?I would say that trying to move reason will not solve your problem and it is being caused by something else!?
Hope this helps!
Rob.