Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 12:03 PM

Default PETITION \"8 Tracks in Beat Detective LE\" *DELETED*

Post deleted by stanonbass
Old 11-27-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Re: PETITION \"8 Tracks in Beat Detective LE\"

I disagree...they advertised "Beat Detective LE" and made available details of the utility prior to your purcasing the upgrade. It is still a very useful tool...it's just not the tool you wanted...but Digi did nothing to deceive you into believing that BD LE was anything different than what it is. I honestly don't see how you consider this a "slap in the face"...adding features that previously didn't exist a "slap in the face"...
Old 11-27-2004, 12:42 PM

Stan,

I need to agree with Chris on this one. BD LE's abilities have been posted and clearly explained.
The choice is yours to buy 6.7 or not, as well as to use a third party app to chop up your tracks.
But..you are repeatedly posting this BD topic in three different threads.
There is no need for that...we've got your point already...

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 11-27-2004, 02:05 PM

I used it to make an awesome tempo map of a song without a click this weekend. Was pretty sweet in that regard.

I was able to use it on drums this weekend, but more like measure by measure, which is how it should be done anyhow. Would probably be just as easy to do it by hand anyhow... BUT the smoothing is the real key feature. Makes the overheads just melt together.

And BTW it will work on a stereo track, so you could say that Digi gave us a Beat Detective 2 track!

Old 11-27-2004, 05:46 PM

the best statement you can make is not to buy it

maybe then they'll see
Old 11-27-2004, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I used it to make an awesome tempo map of a song without a click this weekend. Was pretty sweet in that regard.
Yeah I love BD for creating tempo maps

Quote:
I was able to use it on drums this weekend, but more like measure by measure, which is how it should be done anyhow.
Umm the whole point of BD is that you DON'T have to go measure by measure any longer. In the old days to create a tempo map you'd go bar by bar, and do an identify beat to drop a tempo change. With BD you give it the performance and it will create the whole tempo map in one go. You shouldn't be needing to go measure by measure.

Cheers,
Marcus
Old 11-28-2004, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I love BD for creating tempo maps

Quote:
I was able to use it on drums this weekend, but more like measure by measure, which is how it should be done anyhow.
Umm the whole point of BD is that you DON'T have to go measure by measure any longer. In the old days to create a tempo map you'd go bar by bar, and do an identify beat to drop a tempo change. With BD you give it the performance and it will create the whole tempo map in one go. You shouldn't be needing to go measure by measure.

Cheers,
Marcus
I meant for using it to tighen a drum performance....not for tempo maps...

I used it on a drum track to clean and edit measure by measure.

bigbubbaj