Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2010, 05:12 PM

Default Some Positive Thoughts !

All, used the 11 Rack on a session yesterday. This was very quick and over in an hour and needed to get the sounds on the fly to work with the track very quickly. I had a Ac30 & Digi Custom setup in an anticipation. Had both setup with the same speaker & mic models (Twin speakers with the Ribbon mic - I dont like speaker breakup that much), so eq at the desk would be minimal. What was cleary a major advantage with the 11 Rack is the knobs on the front for fast tweaks (like an amp !) rather than menu's, and the sound ! Smiles all around. Currently I have an Eventide Eclipse in the loop, but PLEASE Digi (!) some modern FX in the 11 would be brilliant (the amps sound great in my opinion - quality not quantity !) - such as Digital Delay, Looper, Pitch FX (whammy, harmony etc etc). That would be something !

cheers
Old 10-17-2010, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Some Positive Thoughts !

And until they bring in more effects, I'd like to see them do a firmware update that will allow the FX loop to use the digital out and in. This shouldn't be that hard and would really make it more versatile.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
And until they bring in more effects, I'd like to see them do a firmware update that will allow the FX loop to use the digital out and in. This shouldn't be that hard and would really make it more versatile.
Actually I have asked Avid if they would allow the loop bypass to be switched between send bypass & return bypass. At least you could then have your external delay / verb with the tails ringing out when loop bypass is activated. Not a big deal I would have thought - but here we are a year later since I suggested it ! (but I will shut up, as this is a positive thread !)......
Old 10-18-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Clean View Post
Actually I have asked Avid if they would allow the loop bypass to be switched between send bypass & return bypass. At least you could then have your external delay / verb with the tails ringing out when loop bypass is activated. Not a big deal I would have thought - but here we are a year later since I suggested it ! (but I will shut up, as this is a positive thread !)......
Yes, that could be very useful.

If that request isn't yet accounted for on the Ideascale site, it should be.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieDyedDevil View Post
Yes, that could be very useful.

If that request isn't yet accounted for on the Ideascale site, it should be.
Does that count as something positive .

I would put that on IdeaScale, but, I have no idea what the above meant, too many bypasses for me to grasp - and I have an 'verb pedal in the FX loop, so I think I should try and make an effort. Unfortunately, I don't think that qualifies as a positive either.

I must think of something positive, umm, errr, ahhh ... there's no IR's, stereo delay, pitch shifting, harmonies, no requests on the "In Review" on IdeaScale, ohhh, there must be something ...... yes that's it, it's Orange - yay! The Orange Rack .
Old 10-18-2010, 04:06 PM

I must think of something positive, umm, errr, ahhh ... there's no IR's, stereo delay, pitch shifting, harmonies, no requests on the "In Review" on IdeaScale, ohhh, there must be something ...... yes that's it, it's Orange - yay! The Orange Rack .[/QUOTE]

I lodeged support tickets last year with Avid when the unit was released. They are still open, and had email discussions with the developers. Suppose i could try and figure out the "ideascale" thingy.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Clean View Post
I lodeged support tickets last year with Avid when the unit was released. They are still open, and had email discussions with the developers. Suppose i could try and figure out the "ideascale" thingy.
You had email discussions with the developers .

I suppose that could count as something positive too - depending on how you look at it
Old 10-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Avid

Mr Clean,

I definitely appreciate the feedback. I thought yours was positive (and constructive), so keep it coming. And please do add any specific suggestions to Ideascale.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Townsend View Post
Mr Clean,

I definitely appreciate the feedback. I thought yours was positive (and constructive), so keep it coming. And please do add any specific suggestions to Ideascale.
Yeah, well ... I probably deserved that snub.

I will say that the Customer Service that I received in Australia, when I called them was excellent, they got my Eleven Rack up and running when I was clueless. And the help I have received on the forum has been great too.

How's about that for positive .
Old 10-20-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Townsend View Post
Mr Clean,

Thanks Chris. At the end of the day the unit sounds GREAT in a mix etc. Its just (slightly) frustrating that its so close to being BRILLIANT ! Please just add a few modern twists in the FX area and I for one would shut up about it already for a while ! PS agree no prob's with the OZ support back then. cheers