Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2014, 12:30 AM

Default Midas F32 Connection to Pro Tools HD 10&11

I am having problems with Pro Tools driver reading the firewire connection. I have discussed this with Midas tech and they believe the hardware to be operating properly. The refurbrished mac I am using was just bought and their tech people also thought the mac was working properly. So that leaves Pro Tools to be the issue. Anybody know of any tricks to get this to register? The board sound great when sound is coming though.

I have already tried resetting the Pram and Nvram. command + OPTION +R+P

Thanks,

Jason A Phillips
Old 01-16-2014, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Midas F32 Connection to Pro Tools HD 10&11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phillips Project LLC View Post
I am having problems with Pro Tools driver reading the firewire connection. I have discussed this with Midas tech and they believe the hardware to be operating properly. The refurbrished mac I am using was just bought and their tech people also thought the mac was working properly. So that leaves Pro Tools to be the issue. Anybody know of any tricks to get this to register? The board sound great when sound is coming though.

I have already tried resetting the Pram and Nvram. command + OPTION +R+P

Thanks,

Jason A Phillips
Hi,

How are you try to connect this to your HD interface? HD does not have any way to connect to a FireWire interface other than through audio connections!

Maybe it's not totally clear what you are trying to do! Try giving us more details of how you are connecting things.

And read the help us help you thread at the top of the forum

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:47 AM

This is more just a "I feel your pain" type of response than any solution or suggestion, but I can tell you that I'm having issues with my F32 in PT11, too. It was fairly solid in PT9, never had a lot of issues, but in PT11 I'm getting disconnects all the time where Pro Tools will lose communication with the Midas and the only way to get anywhere is to close Pro Tools and restart. Sometimes when this happens, Pro Tools will freeze on close and I'll have to reboot to get back up and running. Needless to say, I can't really work like that, so I haven't been able to enjoy PT11 very much yet.

Not being able to adjust ASIO buffer settings on my interface without restarting Pro Tools has always been such a pain in the *****, and I was really excited about Pro Tools 11's new low latency input buffer features that should allow me to work at one buffer setting, but it's too buggy with the Midas right now to actually use.

Hope we see some improvements in upcoming updates.

Dan
Old 01-16-2014, 10:17 AM

Chris:

It connects directly from the Midas firewire port to the mac pro computer firewire port. I have switched from an 8ft firewire cable to a 3ft firewire cable to make sure the cable was not the issue. I have also tried using both the front and back firewire ports on the computer. The Midas guy was convinced it was not their driver and assured me that the hardware was working correctly. When opening the midas fw control panel. It shows the device come on and off. Also when selecting the firewire option under hardware in the system report. It does show up on and off there too. We also tried closing a process call systemUI something in the activity monitor to reset the firewire port. I thought there might be something in pro tools keeping it from connecting. Let me know if you need any other information.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Dan View Post
This is more just a "I feel your pain" type of response than any solution or suggestion, but I can tell you that I'm having issues with my F32 in PT11, too. It was fairly solid in PT9, never had a lot of issues, but in PT11 I'm getting disconnects all the time where Pro Tools will lose communication with the Midas and the only way to get anywhere is to close Pro Tools and restart. Sometimes when this happens, Pro Tools will freeze on close and I'll have to reboot to get back up and running. Needless to say, I can't really work like that, so I haven't been able to enjoy PT11 very much yet.

Not being able to adjust ASIO buffer settings on my interface without restarting Pro Tools has always been such a pain in the *****, and I was really excited about Pro Tools 11's new low latency input buffer features that should allow me to work at one buffer setting, but it's too buggy with the Midas right now to actually use.

Hope we see some improvements in upcoming updates.
Dan

I've just been using the Pro Tools playback engine and headphones. I had to break out an old Mbox device to do something basic.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:55 PM

Is the Midas the selected audio engine in Pro Tools?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-26-2015, 08:38 PM

Any updates on this issue? I'm looking into a Mac Mini/PT10/Midas f32 combo. Dont want to run into any issues. Whats a good os/pt/driver match? Txs.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:29 PM

Anyone? Txs
Old 11-07-2015, 04:53 PM

Is the F32 compato with V12? Txs.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:30 AM

Any F32 user with V12?