Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2014, 10:58 PM

Default Waves and Venue

So I own a Waves TDM Native bundle for my Pt 10 and 11. Can I use this authorization for putting Waves on a Venue console?
8 gig ram
FW Drives (Multiple)
eSATA Drives (Multiple)

[email protected]
Old 07-02-2014, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Waves and Venue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceK View Post
So I own a Waves TDM Native bundle for my Pt 10 and 11. Can I use this authorization for putting Waves on a Venue console?
Hi, there is no such thing as Waves TDM Native. Plugs are either Native or TDM (now they call them SoundGrid). If you have TDM/SoundGrid licenses then you can use them on Venue. V8 needs an additional Venue Enabler plugin, from V9 you don't need that anymore. Also you need to get the appropriate installers from Waves site, regular PT installers won't fit.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:05 AM

Thank you! I have an educational bundle. It is HD. Will that be Native or TDM? Or how can I check? It is V8 so where can I get the Venue Enabler plug in? TIA
8 gig ram
FW Drives (Multiple)
eSATA Drives (Multiple)

[email protected]
Old 07-02-2014, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceK View Post
Thank you! I have an educational bundle. It is HD. Will that be Native or TDM? Or how can I check? It is V8 so where can I get the Venue Enabler plug in? TIA
Actually I was a bit wrong, as there IS TDM Native in that sense, that TDM licenses enable both DSP (TDM & SoundGrid) and Native versions of the plugins. If you are on V8 then unfortunately you are a bit out of luck, cause Waves no longer supports V8 plugins, they have dropped using Ilok and therefore there is no way for you to get the VenueEnabler plugin from Waves. Also I'm not sure you will be able to buy the license second hand since it might be impossible to transfer the ownership. One thing you could do in theory is to buy second hand license and get it on an ilok. If you do so, you will be able to use your plugins on Venue but you need to connect the ilok with VenueEnabler and the one holding your Waves too. Also note, that since the registration will stay at the sellers Ilok account you are out of luck if your ilok breaks or gets stolen etc. Most reasonable for you would be to update the V8 to V9.

To double-check if you have TDM plugins or native log into your ilok account and see the name of the license, if it includes TDM then you have DSP versions. And Native :)
Old 07-03-2014, 04:29 PM

Thanks Kristo!!
8 gig ram
FW Drives (Multiple)
eSATA Drives (Multiple)

[email protected]