Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2003, 11:39 AM

Default OK! Here is my first tune on the NET.

Check out my work, and tell me what you think.
I co produced the song with the band, and
I did the electric guitars.

Here is the link > http://www.garageband.com/artist/watershedmusic

Thanks
Chad
Old 02-17-2003, 03:06 PM

Default Re: OK! Here is my first tune on the NET.

Skyman: Thanks!!!!

I am using the 001.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:44 PM

Great song! The production/recording is clean. One possible suggestion is to turn down the main riff guitar (the slightly overdriven appergios) on the left side. The guitar sounds fine when it does the octaves in the solo break, but that main riff tends to jump out in the mix. By the way, I'm a guitarist myself so this isn't a bassist telling the guitarist to turn down! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 04:16 PM

good job. i too am a gtr player and i think the main gtr riff is too much in the front. Set it back in the mix a bit more and it should sit better. that was the first thing that hit me.
the bgvs could be a bit fuller. panned farther apart?
other than that nice job.
very matchbox sounding voice and song.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:20 PM

Man, I like it very much! Great song, great voice... it's radio ready.
IMHO The only down side is about the drummer. For me it's hard to describe in words since I don't speak good english, but I'll try. He plays a little behind the accent (beat)... pushing the "groove back". In my country we call this "Groove Engessado".... most times the snare seems to be a bit delayed.
Anyway, this detail didn't ruins the song in anyway! Stills a great song.
I wish you luck!
Old 02-17-2003, 11:03 PM

It is pretty good. his Voice sounds great. The whole mix feels a bit small though. The tracks are really missing some beef. The snare is slappy, and the kick is not as booming as it should be. The guitars could have some more life also, pretty good song, a little too Matchbox for me though. not bad overall.
AJ [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2003, 12:45 AM

Damn, sounds good man, it definetly sounds like something i'd hear on the radio. Which digidesign gear are you werkin with? Good luck to you and the band. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2003, 07:29 AM

Thanks guys for all of the tips.

Yes, I do feel like that guitar part sticks out a bit much, but that was by the rest of the bands request, Im going to inch it down. They have trusted me pretty much with the whole mix, they were very easy to work with.

When I try and get more beef in the mix, it starts to get boomy, im not sure what my problem is, (Monitors/Room)or a combination of the two, but I STRUGGLE MUCH with the low end of my mixes.
Any suggestions?
The room I mix in is fairly large, and has some odd shape to it. Its the best room I have access to. My monitors are EVENT PS6's.

One thing I did also, was try to step out of my shoes, and listen like the average person. I had to just say when, cuz I tend to keep changing things (Cuz I Can), and usually the mix gradually gets worse when I do that.

Anyway, thanks for all of the tips, I will see what I can do, about fixing a few of these things.

Chad
Old 02-19-2003, 01:09 PM

Anyone else???