Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2002, 03:19 PM

Default Re: The funniest thing that happened to you while working along a PT session with a clien

Another joke (and I'm a good part Irish too!)...

The guys from the Guiness brewery show-up at the home of Shannon O'Malley.

The guys: "Shannon, we're afraid we have some bad news... Your husband John passed away today at the brewery."

Shannon: "OH NO!!! How did he go?"

The guys: "Well, he fell into a huge vat of Guiness and drowned!"

Shannon: "JESUS, MARY & JOSEPH!! At least he went quickly..."

The guys: "Well, not exactly. He got out three times to pee!"

Peace,
C
Old 07-10-2002, 05:50 PM

Default Re: The funniest thing that happened to you while working along a PT session with a clien

Hi all. I love Brazil! Couldn't leave here never. I like to trip to other countries... but here is my place. ppl here rules, except the politicians, of course.
WTF alecio? Mosh, Anonimato and a lot of studios here are using HD here in São paulo? Why can't you get an HD system there in south?

Just the other day I was mixing a TV jingle project and the cliente notice he forgot to include a word in the lyrics. He didnt want to re-pay the singer to come again to the studio and sing the forgetten word. So he turned to me and say: "I know you can use Auto-Tune to generate voice sound"... I said: what?
He again: Dont you know how to create a voice with auto-tune???
The bastard was thinking that I can create a voice only drawning in auto-tune in grafical mode......
oh my god.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:57 PM

Luke, same things on here....
A gospel group came here and said...
Hey, your equipment is great, but is São Paulo the gospel singers just sing and go away. all the rest is for the engineer even "sotaque" - accent. We want a Rio de Janeiro accent instead of São Paulo or interior of Santa Catarina..

!!!
Luke, which studios are you working now?
I am in the middle of a mess with an orchestra and a so so choir inside an old house..
let us see...

I can get HD on here but too much!!! dollar is high up in the sky!!
Nice wednesday

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:48 PM

Here's a good one by Digi themself:

We order a Protools with an 888 interface and a couple of MixFarms for a 2nd studio we were building. Nothing was missing when we received it, except that we had a bonus; they sent us a brand new Focusrite Producers pack Pre-amp. Don't worry, being gentlmens, we sent it back.

And last year, we upgraded to 2 new studios and needed 2 protools and 2 888's and couple of Mixfarm cards, etc... what did we get in the box? One more bonus! An extra Protools program box! That one also was sent back...

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2002, 02:01 PM

It's like saying that you will run the entire mix through the keypax to fix whatever is said as being wrong [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Works great with most A&R's.

Or just turning the volume a bit up after you faked some twidling on a dozen of knobs. Ah, now it sounds much better......
Old 06-27-2003, 11:16 AM

Just bumped into this topic,and I noticed that the last reply is from 2002!
So, to keep it a little up to date, I have two funny stories:

Around 1996 I was in the studio with my brother in Hilversum in Holland.
He was recording his 2nd album with the SSL9000J.
Wisseloord studios was the first in Europe who had such a console.
But with the very first sessions, there were a lot of technical difficulties, so being the first client who bought a 9000J, the people at SSL didn't sent a technician, but the sales-manager, a good-looking woman; a nice move of SSL because, producers, nor engineers will never shout at a woman.
So she enters the control-room, the engineer is explaining the problems, and then she said:
"Nevermind the problems!We will fix this right away!How does that sound?"
And the producer said:"Well,yesterday we recorded a click-track and it sounds very good!"

------------------------------------------------

True story:

Another session in Wisseloord Studios, the engineer is typing on the SSL board-computer,and all of a sudden the whole console starts to **BEEP**BEEP**BEEP**BEEP**BEEP**BEEP**...the engineer shouting through the loud beeping:"what the hell is this?Is it gonna explode?!!"
And after an hour, the thing is still beeping!
So there's total panic,ofcourse,they couldn't shut it down because somehow the keyboard was locked,and they didn't want to lose data that wasn't saved yet,because they were in the middle of a mix!
The engineer took a closer look at the computer-screen,and the following words were on the screen: phone home...
So out of complete desperation,they called Oxford, and said: "I'm having a really weird problem,I'm typing on the board-computer, and the damn thing starts beeping, really hard!"
After 2 seconds of silence the guy on the other end bursted out laughing,and explained:
"Look, this is a little joke of the tech-crew at SSL, they've put a code in the system which makes the SSL beep after you press the letters E and T after oneanother for the first time,..ET...phone home.."
-------------------------------------------------
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]