Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2012, 02:13 AM

Default HD TDM / Quicktime conflicts...

Dear Forum.

After installing for instance Pro Tools 10.1.2, there are no probs opening other programs calling for audio card extensions - but I always close my Pro Tools before having any other programs opened.

But after a while it somehow screws up:

Other programs (Quicktime, iTunes, Safari etc.) do not respond when opened anymore. Even though I close them again in my program manager the system needs a total shutdown before it´ll run Pro Tools.

I definitely need access to a regular waveplayer, so that I can listen songs without having to start my Pro Tools just for the little listening here and there.

The only solution I´ve found is uninstalling and reinstalling Pro Tools - and again it´s just a matter of days, and things get screwed again...

Has anyone an easier solution? Could be a never conflicting audioplayer or some fiddeling with scripts, knex, extensions etc...

Thanks from Denmark

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac Pro 3.1 16GB OSX 10.6.8 PT 10.1.2 HD3
Old 06-24-2012, 05:21 AM

Default Re: HD TDM / Quicktime conflicts...

how didi you setup your osx audio-output?

you´re on a tdm system?

Old 06-24-2012, 05:34 AM

Oh yes, it´s TDM HD3.

As I have no other amps or speakers than the ones connected to my MH192s, the "Sound Out" for applications goes to the Digidesign HW...
Old 06-24-2012, 05:41 AM

and this is causing troubles. the digi-hardware can´t switch perfectly between pro tools hd audio and system-audio through digidesign-hw driver.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:24 AM

Yes, sort of.

When I´ve closed down PT and open f.i. Quicktime, then quicktime opens DigiCore, but afterwards Quicktime doesn´t respond anymore.

So I forceclose Quicktime and cannot run PT before a complete shutdown+opening of the maschine.

Well well, I can almost load my PT, but just before rebuilding windows, then PT won´t respond. - And thats why I must do this shutdown and then ONLY run PT after startup...

So as you say - the DigiHW cannot assign driver to anything but PT anymore...
Old 06-24-2012, 07:29 AM

switching between pro tools and digi core audio isn´t fine anymore.

there might be something still loaded to the cards that cripples this functionality.