Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2021, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2021.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagushu2013 View Post
Try to install or reinstall the HD driver that came with the installer.
Sorry I did int know you already did.
I am in Catalina MacPro 2019 HDX 1 with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fixed it! Good to go now.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glogulus2003 View Post
I don't know if you have the same issue as I do, but here's how I fixed my problem. Before doing this I tried removing prefs, removing ptools and the hd driver, re-installing everything. Nothing worked. If you've done this already you can try and see if this helps. I'd say take a full backup of your system before you head down this way because you never know what could happen when doing these kinds of things... Be careful!

I am on Big Sur so you may need to adjust these commands for your flavor of macos.

Boot into recovery mode. Open the terminal and do:

Code:
 # Change YOURBOOTDRIVE to the name of your boot volume.
mount -uw "/Volumes/YOURBOOTDRIVE"
kmutils trigger-panic-medic --volume-root "/Volumes/YOURBOOTDRIVE"
restart
Here's the article I used to work my way around this https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/661240

Boot your machine as normal. When you've booted and logged in you should see a bunch of notices about kernel extensions needing to be approved. Go into the "System Prefrences\Security & Privacy" window. You will need to click on the lock to make changes. Click on the details button for the extensions that need approval. You should see Avid in this list. Click on all of the extensions to allow and restart. I had to do this twice because the "Box" extension didn't like to be enabled with the other stuff. On my second login it asked me about this extension which I enabled and restarted and everything was loaded and working.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Having the same problem, but haven't seen this command yet, so thank you! I'll try it out as soon as I can. But do you push return between this commands or is that one single line?
Old 06-24-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnoch View Post
Having the same problem, but haven't seen this command yet, so thank you! I'll try it out as soon as I can. But do you push return between this commands or is that one single line?
Hit return after each line.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico618 View Post
Hey everyone, as of today M1 is supported which is awesome! But I noticed that the CPU cores in the "System Usage" window has dropped from 8 cores to 4 cores. I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to that stuff, so I am just wondering why that has happened. I know the M1 arcutecture is "different" so maybe the 8 cores was never suppose to be there because PT wasn't supported yet? I don't know lol Just wanted to ask.
It doesn't make sense, 2021.3.1 was using 8 cores. Something messed up.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
IIRC Rosetta (translated) apps only run on the performance cores.
If this is the case, how is it possible that any version of PT pre 2021.06 shows the efficiency cores and usage of those cores? Was it not actually doing any processing on them but showing usage anyway?

If translated apps only run on performance cores, I'd think it strange if PT could see the other cores but not use them, but perhaps that's what's been going on the whole time and the update is simply cosmetically reflecting that.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
If this is the case, how is it possible that any version of PT pre 2021.06 shows the efficiency cores and usage of those cores? Was it not actually doing any processing on them but showing usage anyway?

If translated apps only run on performance cores, I'd think it strange if PT could see the other cores but not use them, but perhaps that's what's been going on the whole time and the update is simply cosmetically reflecting that.
You got me, I have no idea. Hopefully someone from Avid will explain! :)
Old 06-25-2021, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagushu2013 View Post
Amazing how yesterday a 5.1 session in a HDX 3 was going half full and today the same session only uses 11% of host cpu without any DSP going thru the cards.

275 channels full of plugs, like 16 reverbs ( altiverbs, stratus, revibes,)

Wow!

I'm also seeing dramatically improved CPU and Memory usage...
Old 06-25-2021, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Good to know thanks I have not installed yet but plan to do so next week

Absolutely love that red on inactive plugs.

Just got this in my e-mail from PT Expert on some of the new features

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...eid=3af5b4ba3b
Make sure you rename your existing install of PT so the new one doesn't overwrite it. And like I said all I had to do was to drag over my existing modded file to the new install.

QAPLA!
Old 06-25-2021, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
Is anyone else having issues with Page Up/Page Down on an extended mac keyboard ?
Once I access some window other than the Edit Window, eg UI Customization, I then cannot page up or down to see other tracks in the Edit Window in order to see how they're being affected. I have to re-click on an item in the main area of the Edit Window, and only then will it allow paging.
Works fine here. The extended keyboard I have is not an Apple one but by Matias which is physically based off the original Mac keyboards.

QAPLA!
Old 06-25-2021, 04:34 AM

Downloaded it last night, installed it, and loaded several current projects. Seems to run ok. Haven’t had time to do any recording or editing, but so far so good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...