Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2021, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2021.6

Yeah, the new install and HD driver are not seeing my single HDX card. I'm on a 2019 Mac Pro running 11.4. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times as well as trying the previous version with no luck.

The terminal command: sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext
posted above has got it working, but apparently this is a temporary fix.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jamie
Old 06-24-2021, 05:32 PM

2021.6 is working for me on a 2019 Mac Pro with 10.15.7. Perhaps it's Big Sur related?

Which reminds me: I never know, is the HD Driver something you only need to install if you want to use AvidAudioServer without Pro Tools, or does it always need to be installed with each update?

Congratulations to Avid on a great release :)
Old 06-24-2021, 05:41 PM

Generally liking this update, just a couple of UI annoyances - the color palette window is too tall now, even with the UI Customization section closed (it's got a big 'ol chin!). It's overlapping some things that it previously didn't, so I've had to add two rulers to my edit window just so I can see what I need to (essentially losing a track or two in edit-window-real-estate).

Also for some reason my edit cursor -- when it's a line, not a selection - is white, in both Dark *and* Classic themes.

But I'm digging having 2048 voices! Now I just gotta convince the mix stages to update (hah!)
Old 06-24-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
My workflow is going to be so much better when I can properly tab-to-transient again. Hoping for "soon".
Don't understand tab to transient not working properly. Seems to work just fine on my system. Click on tab to transient and hit tab and it moves to next transient. But hey, I'm running PT 2021.3.1 on Widows 10 20H2!
Old 06-24-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
What model of computer are you using? Is it an M1 Mac? If so, the HD Driver isn’t supported yet for M1 Macs, which prevents HDX and HD Native from being used.
I'm on a 2019 Mac Pro.. Not sure what to do at this point.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epm View Post
Seems like video files take significantly longer to restore when opening a session. Like 2-3 seconds per video file, which adds up quickly when you have 40 or 50 in a session. If i move the files to a different folder the session opens almost instantly and relink works way faster than letting the session load on it's own...

I emailed a contact at Avid, They are also aware of the slow loading import thing which I"ll post at the appropriate thread. They told me it was supposed to be fixed and they are looking into it. Something they became aware of this morning as soon as the release went live...Not sure when it will be fixed, but I am guessing soon!
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 06-24-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
I emailed a contact at Avid, They are also aware of the slow loading import thing which I"ll post at the appropriate thread. They told me it was supposed to be fixed and they are looking into it. Something they became aware of this morning as soon as the release went live...Not sure when it will be fixed, but I am guessing soon!
I noticed it too... Seems cosmetic.

I noticed I have turbo boost now! Wonder if I need a catch-can?
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Avid S1 / Fire10 - 21.8.1.0
PreSonus DigiMax FS 8-input ADAT
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp
Old 06-24-2021, 06:31 PM

Is anyone else having issues with Page Up/Page Down on an extended mac keyboard ?
Once I access some window other than the Edit Window, eg UI Customization, I then cannot page up or down to see other tracks in the Edit Window in order to see how they're being affected. I have to re-click on an item in the main area of the Edit Window, and only then will it allow paging.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Divide Studios View Post
Yeah, the new install and HD driver are not seeing my single HDX card. I'm on a 2019 Mac Pro running 11.4. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times as well as trying the previous version with no luck.

The terminal command: sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext
posted above has got it working, but apparently this is a temporary fix.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jamie
I don't know if you have the same issue as I do, but here's how I fixed my problem. Before doing this I tried removing prefs, removing ptools and the hd driver, re-installing everything. Nothing worked. If you've done this already you can try and see if this helps. I'd say take a full backup of your system before you head down this way because you never know what could happen when doing these kinds of things... Be careful!

I am on Big Sur so you may need to adjust these commands for your flavor of macos.

Boot into recovery mode. Open the terminal and do:

Code:
 # Change YOURBOOTDRIVE to the name of your boot volume.
mount -uw "/Volumes/YOURBOOTDRIVE"
kmutil trigger-panic-medic --volume-root "/Volumes/YOURBOOTDRIVE"
restart
Here's the article I used to work my way around this https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/661240

Boot your machine as normal. When you've booted and logged in you should see a bunch of notices about kernel extensions needing to be approved. Go into the "System Prefrences\Security & Privacy" window. You will need to click on the lock to make changes. Click on the details button for the extensions that need approval. You should see Avid in this list. Click on all of the extensions to allow and restart. I had to do this twice because the "Box" extension didn't like to be enabled with the other stuff. On my second login it asked me about this extension which I enabled and restarted and everything was loaded and working.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Last edited by glogulus2003; 06-25-2021 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:05 PM

Default Pro Tools 2021.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glogulus2003 View Post
I'm on a 2019 Mac Pro.. Not sure what to do at this point.

Try to install or reinstall the HD driver that came with the installer.
Sorry I did int know you already did.
I am in Catalina MacPro 2019 HDX 1 with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk