Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2016, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Please update Core Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Maybe there is light at the end of the 3yr tunnel with OS Sierra....MAYBE!
Well the GM Candidate was release today so we should find out something soon.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
Well the GM Candidate was release today so we should find out something soon.
Hey Zion, what does GM Candidate mean? Are we close to Sierra release?

Thanks

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-08-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemurphy View Post
Has this been resolved in ProTools 12.5 ??

Remember one thing, is not only a Avid fault.
El capitan as some real trouble with coreaudio/graphics etc... Its a code problem. Is not a simple operation to achieve.

Cheers

Marco Bernardo

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

PT HD 10/11 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Frontier Alpha Track | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Everpack

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 09-08-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey Zion, what does GM Candidate mean? Are we close to Sierra release?

Thanks
I thought this definition explains it more clearly. Its the final Beta before release. Sometimes there could be minor changes before the release but for the most part its whats going to be released.

"A software release life cycle is the sum of the stages of development and maturity for a piece of .... A release candidate (RC) is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. ... A copy of the RTM build known as the "gold master" or GM is sent for mass duplication."
Old 09-08-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I thought this definition explains it more clearly. Its the final Beta before release. Sometimes there could be minor changes before the release but for the most part its whats going to be released.

"A software release life cycle is the sum of the stages of development and maturity for a piece of .... A release candidate (RC) is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. ... A copy of the RTM build known as the "gold master" or GM is sent for mass duplication."
Aha That explains it

Thanks for the help my friend. I am also waiting for Sierra and hope that it goes easy to install and work from the got go .. But I won't bet my studio or my cars on it hehe

Thanks again Zion

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-08-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Aha That explains it

Thanks for the help my friend. I am also waiting for Sierra and hope that it goes easy to install and work from the got go .. But I won't bet my studio or my cars on it hehe

Thanks again Zion

Dont forget to wait for Avid support release a update to the OS compatibility list.

Marco Bernardo

PT HD 10/11 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Frontier Alpha Track | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Everpack

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 09-08-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Aha That explains it

Thanks again Zion
Well so far it seems to be pretty good. No GUI lag even the VU meters are functioning normally. I'll keep testing and let you know how it goes. I don't know if it fixes the Core audio issue with Avid Hd hardware yet because i no longer have it but maybe some will chime in with good news.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Well so far it seems to be pretty good. No GUI lag even the VU meters are functioning normally. I'll keep testing and let you know how it goes. I don't know if it fixes the Core audio issue with Avid Hd hardware yet because i no longer have it but maybe some will chime in with good news.
That is great and very nice of you to help with evaluating Sierra

Big Thank You and I look forward to hearing how it works.

Really Appreciate this Zion.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-08-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
That is great and very nice of you to help with evaluating Sierra

Big Thank You and I look forward to hearing how it works.

Really Appreciate this Zion.
I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread so this will be my last post about this. All my hardware and software is working flawlessly. Every app including Pro Tools has a performance boost especially when it comes to cpu power. Everything loads faster and it seems very stable. I think this is going to be one of there best releases. I have never experience an OS being this good right off the back. Whats even more amazing is I did this from a Time Machine backup which I never do but they seems to have done there homework in this area as well. Everything just came up working as it was on Yosemite 10.10.5. I thinks all version of Pro Tools will see performance and stability improvement. I don't think it will be long before Avid approves this OS. It is very good!

Last edited by zion; 09-08-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post
Dont forget to wait for Avid support release a update to the OS compatibility list.
Not to mention - Making sure ALL your 3rd Party plugins and V.I's are also updated to Sierra.

This could take "UP TO" a year ..., Otherwise it'll be a real bug fest if you switch OS too early.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's