Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2015, 02:58 PM

Default What A Freaking Joke.. Come on AVID it's time you worked some of this junk out

I finally upgraded my rig to PT 11.3.1 (from 10.2) and now I'm lucky if I can get the Arti$t Mix to stay connected for 20 minutes... Keeps going offline and I have to reboot my whole system and the Artist Mix before it will come back online. Never had this problem with PT10 / Eucontrol 2.

No to mention the fact that I'm on my 3rd Artist mix in barely 2 years because they are so poorly made the internal power supplies keep burning out..

AV!D It's time you worked this crap out.... but instead you expect us all to go on PAID $UPPORT PLAN$ and upgrade to NEW HARDWARE instead of fixing the issues. I don't think so.

Artist Mix / latest firmware
EuControl 3.2.1
Mac OS 10.9.5
Pro Tools HD 11.3.1 / HDX
Old 03-23-2015, 08:49 PM

Default Re: What A Freaking Joke.. Come on AVID it's time you worked some of this junk out

This sucks man... I was planning to buy one but all I see is bad reviews about how EUCON fails or how the controller stops working because of some internal problem. Sad
Old 03-24-2015, 10:12 AM

Default Re: What A Freaking Joke.. Come on AVID it's time you worked some of this junk out

Even if they worked reliably Avid's inability to produce a Yosemite driver should be a dire warning to anyone. As I've repeated ad-nauseum, Yosemite had a public beta such that drivers should have been available almost immediately from any company who depends on such things.

They don't want to support this product, they want you to buy the products they built out if it and are killing it off with lack of updates and/or fixing longstanding issues outside of the ProTools ecosystem.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawand View Post
Even if they worked reliably Avid's inability to produce a Yosemite driver should be a dire warning to anyone. As I've repeated ad-nauseum, Yosemite had a public beta such that drivers should have been available almost immediately from any company who depends on such things.

They don't want to support this product, they want you to buy the products they built out if it and are killing it off with lack of updates and/or fixing longstanding issues outside of the ProTools ecosystem.
I don't think Avid care whether we buy the Artist Series at all.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawand View Post

Then the competition should roll over them. The controllers are very nice, it's a shame.. But it might be time for someone to make a Eucon equivalent and the DAWs support it.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
Then the competition should roll over them. The controllers are very nice, it's a shame.. But it might be time for someone to make a Eucon equivalent and the DAWs support it.
iPad...
Old 03-25-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eesn View Post
iPad...
The logic control iPad app is extremely well-thought out and good. The only thing you cannot do is stack multiple iPads to build a giant control surface, to not have to scroll fader pages. That ability would be a definite threat to the avid products.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:32 AM

Quote:
The logic control iPad app is extremely well-thought out and good. The only thing you cannot do is stack multiple iPads to build a giant control surface, to not have to scroll fader pages.
... yet
Old 03-26-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegomixes47 View Post
This sucks man... I was planning to buy one but all I see is bad reviews about how EUCON fails or how the controller stops working because of some internal problem. Sad
All the issues that people have reported with how terribly buggy Eucon has been with the Artist Series and the apparent total lack of interest and effort by Avid in making them work properly, is the ONLY reason I have never bought any Artist Series controller. And now that I've moved from Pro Tools to Cubase, I probably never will.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
The logic control iPad app is extremely well-thought out and good. The only thing you cannot do is stack multiple iPads to build a giant control surface, to not have to scroll fader pages. That ability would be a definite threat to the avid products.
The Steinberg iC Pro app also works well. I've read about using two iPads together, but they were covering different functions, not spanning channel faders. I suspect it won't be long until multiple iPads can be combined to form a mega virtual console.