How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2023, 04:05 AM

Default Video doesn't flow together with the preview

Hello everyone.

Since upgraded macos and pro tools ultimate, I have been facing substantial difficulties that are seriously compromising my work: video freezes during clip editing.

During the editing, the video freezes and does not flow. This occurs during editing but not during session playback. The only way to restore normal functionality is to disable and than re-enable video engine.
This issue is particularly severe for my work in film post-production. Yesterday I had to do this operation for 30 times in less than an hour.
Now I use 2022.12 version, but with the 2023.9 was even worse.

P.S. Avid customer service could not solve the problem. I have been in contact with them for over 20 days.

--------------------
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.
iMac Pro 2017, equipped with an Intel Xeon W 8-core processor and 32GB of RAM, running MacOS Monterey 12.6.6.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:42 AM
Avid

Default Re: Video doesn't flow together with the preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Selas View Post
Hello everyone.

Since upgraded macos and pro tools ultimate, I have been facing substantial difficulties that are seriously compromising my work: video freezes during clip editing.

During the editing, the video freezes and does not flow. This occurs during editing but not during session playback. The only way to restore normal functionality is to disable and than re-enable video engine.
This issue is particularly severe for my work in film post-production. Yesterday I had to do this operation for 30 times in less than an hour.
Now I use 2022.12 version, but with the 2023.9 was even worse.

P.S. Avid customer service could not solve the problem. I have been in contact with them for over 20 days.

--------------------
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.
iMac Pro 2017, equipped with an Intel Xeon W 8-core processor and 32GB of RAM, running MacOS Monterey 12.6.6.
Hi Manu,

We can't find any support case under your registered Email with the duc. Can you give us your case number so we can check? or can you update your profile with your current Avid Email?

Thanks

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 12-02-2023, 04:07 AM

I sent the first message on November 1, and after many messages and tests the problem has not been solved.
Now I am still in contact with them.
Old 12-07-2023, 10:59 AM
Avid

Quote:
I sent the first message on November 1, and after many messages and tests the problem has not been solved.
Hi! Please feel free to give me the case number so I can check and followup.

Thanks!

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 12-19-2023, 02:07 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hi, I'd just like to followup on this. I still have not received any case number or updated Email registered with Avid so I can jump on your case.
Please feel free to message or reply to this thead.

Thanks!

www.topedomingo.com