Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2011, 03:58 PM

Default Footswitch recording capability for 003 Rack and Pro Tools LE 8.04

Hi, very new at this....

I am set up just to record my piano. I am not doing any editing or adding virtual instruments, etc... My set up is just for live takes on the piano. I would like to be able step on the footswitch and start recording, then step on the footswich again to stop recording. If I step on the footswich again I would like to delete the previous recording and now have a new recording. In essence I am trying to do a take and then if not satisfied with it, step on the switch again, not have to go to the keyboard, and then have a completely new take with no trace of the previous take.

I am familiar with punch in and out recording. In a tutorial that I am following the technician says that you can hit play, step on the footswitch to start recording then step on it again to stop. But I am wondering if you do this several times, isn't a region created for each take? I would like to be able to delete any previous takes (regions). If I designate the recording process as "destructive" would this delete any previous takes (regions)?

Also, btw, any suggestion on what to use for a footswitch (brand, type, etc...)

Thanks!
Dan :)
Old 05-01-2011, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Footswitch recording capability for 003 Rack and Pro Tools LE 8.04

This is not going to happen with the footswitch jack. One option you might consider is to use a wireless keyboard/mouse, or(what I did) use a second mini-keyboard that has a track pad. I place it next to my drum kit and can run the session from there(I actually added another LCD screen on a VGA splitter too). My main mouse and keyboard are USB connections, so I use PS2 extensions with the other keyboard/trackpad setup(30 footers to go into the next room). If your keyboard is close by, then you could also get away with a Presonus Faderport on a USB extendo

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave