Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 AM

Default Media not supported by video peripheral error message

If anyone knows anything about this error message, I would really appreciate it!
"This session contains media that is not supported by the video peripheral."

I was working on a session on my computer, it was audio for video. I had a video track in, and about 23 audio tracks. Suddenly, I get a DAE error, so I save, and relaunch pro tools. This happened before, and i relaunched okay. This time, I go to open the session, and this error message appears. I tried copying the session to a different hard drive, but same thing. All other sessions open just fine. I dont know what's going on. I have not yet tried opening it on another pro tools system, because I dont' have access to any other system.

thanks!

I should also mention that when i click okay, the session opens, but none of my audio or video is in the timeline. all the tracks are there, with the proper automation data, and all the files are in the audio folder, but there are no regions. it's a blank project.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Media not supported by video peripheral error message

Hey this may not help but I had the same message pop up when I tried to import and AAF and until I deleted it from the region list it kept coming up.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Avid

Have you tried using Import Session Data to import this into a new session file? It could be a corrupted session (or file) and the ISD may get around it...
Old 09-07-2009, 06:41 PM

i have just had the same problem. i am using PT8 LE (CS3) on XP. the video file is an mpg. same issues, though. imported / played back the video with no problems. saved, quit, reopened the session another day, and all region info has been wiped out. importing session data to a new session only imports the blank tracks.

please tell me there is a way to recover the lost data.