Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2023, 02:31 PM

Default Midi note of failing

So how many experience this still in Pro Tools. I've been having this issue recently with Spire where the midi of won't work. You stop the track it continues to repeat. It does not happen in other DAWs.

Now I have noticed that there are some extreme Avid fanboys here, I am sure will pop up, but I can see the popularity in the industry for PT is dropping. I don't want this. This is why I post, sometimes passsionatly for an aging DAW that maybe on its last day, but could be saved. If you are not aware of this, where have you been?

I run a typical Macbook with the main players in this industry. I love the PT workflow but the software is simply loosing its appeal. Not to me but to bigger parts of the industry that make the real money. Avid - I don't know if you read this and quite frankly it only benefits you as there will be alternatives.

Maybe I'm on a lost cause possibly. This is from a fan of Pro Tools. I love Logic, but used to be Pro Tools only as I do not loike editing audio in Logic.

So how long has this platform left? I honestly hear nothing but the only reason to learn PT is that the Sync industry (ie TV, edverts etc) has any interest in it.
Old 12-17-2023, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Midi note of failing

Yes stuck MIDI notes can be pretty rough. Worse on some VIs than others. The fastest way I’m found to “fix” if it Command Control click the plugin twice to make it inactive and active again. It’s quite annoying though. Biggest MIDI issue still is no MIDI and instrument track playlist view and no loop record to playlists IMHO. Since they want to do sketch, I do think they care to work on these things but sketch seems misguided to me since from talking and working with people in other DAWs, I’ve yet to have see a user of Ableton or Logic use their equivalent feature to create music as opposed to just doing things “old-school”.
32 GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
Ventura 13.6.4
Old 12-18-2023, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Midi note of failing

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar_battles View Post
Yes stuck MIDI notes can be pretty rough. Worse on some VIs than others. The fastest way I’m found to “fix” if it Command Control click the plugin twice to make it inactive and active again. It’s quite annoying though. Biggest MIDI issue still is no MIDI and instrument track playlist view and no loop record to playlists IMHO. Since they want to do sketch, I do think they care to work on these things but sketch seems misguided to me since from talking and working with people in other DAWs, I’ve yet to have see a user of Ableton or Logic use their equivalent feature to create music as opposed to just doing things “old-school”.

Good to know I am not the only one - this has been an issue for year though - I remember it back 6 years ago in the studio - they haven't fixed it but give Atmos support? Hmmph Back to Logic I think. The talk is that PT is out the game these days. Shame I love some of the workflow.