Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Seems to be a lot of PT7 LE problems...

I was getting ready to buy the upgrade plus LE tomorrow but all I see here is problem after problem. From meter issues, to compatability, to ReWire, and even saving and backwards compatability. I've started to second guess downloading it tomorrow.

I currently have a 002 with 6.9.2. I would really like those plug-ins but if it's going to complicate things more then I can do without. Has PT7 LE worked perfectly and without a hitch for anyone here?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Seems to be a lot of PT7 LE problems...

Same here... got ProTools LE 6.9.2 and am waiting for some of the major problems to be worked out before I upgrade.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:50 AM

The plug-in deal is just so tempting though...
Old 12-14-2005, 12:03 PM

first of all , if its the plugins that tempts you , just buy the upgrade and install iy as soon as an bug fixer upgrade would be released - that way you will get the plugins special offer.
secondly i must say that here in my setup the only truble i see is the screen frezzing from time to time , i hit the space bar and every things back in order , i really enjoy protools 7 , it is very worth upgrading , plus the olugins you can get , it is pretty cool .
Avid Omni HD
MacPro 2.4 Xeon 8 core 24Giga
UAD-2 And most of the UAD plugins
All AAX DSP and Native Plugins (all most)
Tons of Hardware...:)
Old 12-14-2005, 12:06 PM

What plugin offer? Is it only for upgrades?
Old 12-14-2005, 04:27 PM

I didn't realize I could just install the plug-ins. Thanks!

For the other posters info. yes you can upgrade to 7 a number of ways, one offer is called Upgrade Plus which is 99 dollars and you recieve LE7 and your choice of two plug-ins from a nice list.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:29 PM

I've got ProTools 7, and i'm absolutely loving it. No problems at all, and everything is running the best it ever has.

Done sessions that would freeze my main DP FW800 G4 on my 12" Powerbook with more than enough power to spare, and it runs amazing on said FW800 G4.

I haven't had the chance to use the included plugins (i chose Synchronic and Smack), as my iLok isn't in yet. Still, definetly something to look into.

BTW, if you don't have an iLok, you need to buy one, it's not included.

Also, in terms anyone elligable for a free upgrade to 7, i think that there was a way to get the "PLUS" option added for like $25. Contact Digi on that one.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Avid

Quote:
I was getting ready to buy the upgrade plus LE tomorrow but all I see here is problem after problem. From meter issues, to compatability, to ReWire, and even saving and backwards compatability. I've started to second guess downloading it tomorrow.

I currently have a 002 with 6.9.2. I would really like those plug-ins but if it's going to complicate things more then I can do without. Has PT7 LE worked perfectly and without a hitch for anyone here?
The meters issue is addressed in the update made available today.

Which ReWire issues are you referring to? I believe any ReWire issues I've seen have been addressed by updating the application (there were known issues with Reason 3.0 - updating to 3.0.4 fixes those).

Backwards compatibility is fully documented and is not something the can be 'fixed' as it's not a bug. If you need backwards compatibility you can save the session as a previous Pro Tools version. I saw the post where someone said they lost a session because of that, but I don't understand how - if you made the session in Pro Tools 7, you can just do a 'Save As' and resave it as a Pro Tools 6 or 5 compatible version.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:28 AM

Of course on a forum you're only going to see the people with problems posting. Everyone else is busy using the software. Even if there are 200 users that report different problems, that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the number of people out there with no problems that have updated. personally, I'm not having any problems except with a GUI issue, which is supposed to be fixed with the cs release that came out today, and some crashing due to my involvement with some beta testing. The only time PT7 had crashed in my work account was due to a bad third-party plugin that hadn't been updated for 7 yet.

the 20th is right around the corner...get yourself some SMACK! and some pultec!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Of course on a forum you're only going to see the people with problems posting. Everyone else is busy using the software. Even if there are 200 users that report different problems, that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the number of people out there with no problems that have updated. personally, I'm not having any problems except with a GUI issue, which is supposed to be fixed with the cs release that came out today, and some crashing due to my involvement with some beta testing. The only time PT7 had crashed in my work account was due to a bad third-party plugin that hadn't been updated for 7 yet.

the 20th is right around the corner...get yourself some SMACK! and some pultec!
I'm not sure if the sideswipe was intentional, but don't you think those of us with issues are not also trying to get on with work and using the software?

I've also never read such a bizzare post as 'I'm not having any problems except with a GUI issue and some crashing'.

Anyway there's CS release now out which addresses some of the issues highlighted by us, while others told us there were no issues with 7.0.

Founder of the Expert Sites.