How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2017, 05:25 AM

Default midi copy clip problems 12.7.1

A clip has a few midi notes in it. The notes have been quantized and some start
directly at the start of the clip which is exactly a bar long on the grid. All the notes fit within the region completely.
One way of copying a clip used to be by holding down 'alt' and then dragging the copy to wherever. That still works, except if you decide to drag the copy in front of the original, and then move the end of the copy back up to the start of the original. It's a very basic butt join edit. But what's this? as soon as the back end of the copy region (clip) touches the front end of the original the notes at the start of the original clip disappear. Let me repeat, all the notes AND clips are quantized and all the notes start and end in the clip.

Is this is another of Avid's improvements for 12.7.1.? or am I a silly old ignoramus?
Old 05-12-2017, 07:18 AM

Default Re: midi copy clip problems 12.7.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazubon View Post

Is this is another of Avid's improvements for 12.7.1.? or am I a silly old ignoramus?
You are not a silly old goat. Many people have complained about this. This is one of Avid's attempts gone bad. Far too many of those in the past couple of years.

As a MIDI user I've found 12.4 rather more stable than the others. It's worth rolling back for better MIDI.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:10 AM

Default Re: midi copy clip problems 12.7.1

ahh...thanks for that. I feel more foolish everyday I carry on using Avid Pro tools...there is very often some crash or little niggle that ruins what 'work flow' I have painfully got going.