How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Strike - Content Size

Greetings All

Ummm... why, with 4 Gigs of RAM on an ASUS 265 Quad, am I getting this 'Unable to load the requested Data, not enough physical Memory! Please select a smaller Content Size!' message, with a 'No Limit' Content Size setting?

You could infer that with 4 gigs of RAM, all waveform content of a complete Preset Setting would load with out a quarrel.

Strike 1.01 cs2
Mbox 2 Pro LE 7.3.1 cs2
ASUS 265 Quad
4G RAM
WD Raptors
XP Pro

filosofem
Old 04-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Strike - Content Size

No takers with this one?

filosofem
Old 04-17-2007, 08:44 PM

quick question...
Did you install the library file in another directory?
Derek
Zalman 9900 LED
Readeon HD 4650
6 tb storage
WIN 7 x64 Ult
PT9
002 Console, 11R, Profire 2626, Jamlab
MPT2(wtf?)
HP DV7-3188cl
i5
320g 7200rpm hd X2
Siig xpress 1394
6 gig ram
(disabled g105 and acpi
Old 04-17-2007, 09:24 PM

Hi Derek, no, the installation all went to system drive (C).

This dialog message only seems to appear when opening a session, the Settings Preset still loads, but won't finish loading until OK is pressed, once done all 12 Kit Channels show XXL.

In fact, this dialog message even appears when 'Default' size is selected upon opening a session.

filosofem
Old 04-17-2007, 09:26 PM

hey filo, see you got strike. how you digging it?? i can say i have the sample bank loaded on a seperate drive from my C: drive. have had no problems with it loading. it for some reason will lock up when i open it, but that is only occasionally and i have to restart the computer. i think i am narrowing down to having reason open, and big reason sessions loaded, still working on it though to find the exact culprit. i have not tried the "no limit" setting. i will try it tomorrow evening though and let you know if your still having problems, but let me know if i can help

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 04-17-2007, 09:51 PM

Hey guitardom

I like it, ...this being only the second day running Strike, but what I've worked out thus far, seems pretty impressive. A lot of 'finer detail' compared with some other apps around. Haven't really taken a good look under the hood as of yet, things like the Style Editor, Multi-Output routing, Onboard Processing ...it's all there, from the looks of it, it's up to the user as to just how indepth they're willing to get into it.

Ummm... yeah, guitardom, installed all content on system drive, just performing a system drive Defrag' to see if that'll clear her up.

Ummm... question for yah guitardom, have you noticed any timing/syncing issues with other A.I.R. group VI's? I've tried reconfiguring the Configuration Window, Beat Sync, Pattern Change Grid, Pattern Retriggering, Fill Triggering ...just doesn't seem to be as integrated as I'd expect.

Defrag' has just finished so, we'll see what comes about.

filo
Old 04-18-2007, 06:18 PM

hey filo, did you get your situation resolved yet. i will be editing a session in a bit with strike in it and try it and see what mine does. i put the content on my sample drive and then have to "guide" it there with the libray thing.....(real technical!) havent had any issues yet except what i mentioned. the only other a.i.r. v.i. i have is xpand and i have never used them together. i am using strike and reason together without a problem.

i do like the attack to strike. the body of the drum somehow feels like it is missing. not sure how to truly explain it except when i am using reason drum kits or bfd, strike feels smaller but have been layering and using strike for the attack on the snare and kick and working great.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 04-18-2007, 07:31 PM

Hows things guitardom? Yeah unfortunately at present I don't have a dedicated Sample Drive, it's on my list to do when the DAW goes in for maintenance.

Ummm... yeah Defrag' did stuff all, just made the OS run a little smoother (after all Strikes' Waveform Content loads to RAM). The dialog message still shows.

Ummm... as for the timing issues, it seems that the more 'Complexity' you use the tighter the timing gets. Not sure, still working on this one.

Cheers for the thought, guitardom!

filo
Old 04-18-2007, 08:54 PM

filo, i tried a couple different things, here are my unscientific findings

with oversampling turned on, i could load samples at 400mb no problem with 2 instances of strike and a big reason session. went to 800 worked the first time, locked up when i tried it again. tried unlimited, and would lock up every time. it will go to the "loading" icon on the bottom of the strike gui and just not move till i get a "not responding" message from pro tools. tried a new session with just strike and the same thing, sometimes 800, never unlimited. i am running the cs updates for strike, and still running 7.1 on pro tools. with 4 gigs of ram, seems i would, as well as you, no problem loading the samples!! i will get back on this later, unless others have some ideas??>???

also: when content size is at default, what size is "default" its not a measurement or size i learned in school!

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 04-18-2007, 09:35 PM

You're such a Badboy!

So, your actually worse off then me, even though, we both basically run the same rig, I'm just running 7.3.1 cs2.

The unscientific findings on this side, suggest that this is Setting Preset related, for using a Content Size - 'Default, 150, 250, 400, 800 MB and No Limit' for some Setting Presets no problems, whilst others with Strike open will only load in segments from 800 MB to No Limit, but yet will not load using 'No Limit' in the first instance with Strike closed.

Yep your right to bring that point up again, with a 4G RAM rig, this should not be an issue.

Look forward to more unscientific findings.

filo