Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2014, 06:31 PM

Default Avid Pre Not showing up in AMS

Hello my fine DUC friends. I picked up an Avid Pre and after following all of the instructions, up until the part about seeing it in AMS, I was doing great.

I can't seem to see it even after trying to create it under the new settings. I don't have a listing for AVID. However I can change the setting in a session but they don't actually make settings on the PRE itself change. I made sure the midi channel is right as well as the addition of it in the protools settings. Am I missing some drivers? I made sure I am going out of my interface to the pre then out of the pre back into the interface. correct right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Greatest Achievement: I killed a Chimporangapuss with a sharp stick. I am now KingCoochieTomTom!.....with a gooey sharp stick.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Avid Pre Not showing up in AMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsandifer View Post
I am going out of my interface to the pre then out of the pre back into the interface. correct right?
^^^are you talking about midi connections? Have you gone into midi studio setup and assigned ports and midi channel?(granted I am shooting in the dark as I don't own one of these) As I understand it, the pre is controlled via midi, hence my suggestions

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-30-2014, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Avid Pre Not showing up in AMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsandifer View Post
Hello my fine DUC friends. I picked up an Avid Pre and after following all of the instructions, up until the part about seeing it in AMS, I was doing great.

I can't seem to see it even after trying to create it under the new settings. I don't have a listing for AVID. However I can change the setting in a session but they don't actually make settings on the PRE itself change. I made sure the midi channel is right as well as the addition of it in the protools settings. Am I missing some drivers? I made sure I am going out of my interface to the pre then out of the pre back into the interface. correct right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I have one, feel free to PM me with any questions.

Like above, have you confirmed that all your midi is connected and working properly?

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp