Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2012, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Missing iLok Authorization for PT 10

They refunded me immediately after my protest. However the issue is not solved. The first reply was to repair my volumes through disk utility...

The part about insurance is not wrong but it doesnīt change the fact that the ilok system is outdated. I donīt see why that zero downtime service has to cost an extra fee either...? Itīs my ilok, itīs my license and I already paid for the ilok so why canīt I have a free backup system. Or some kind of cloud system. Itīs just ridiculous and harms people who actually purchase the product.

If I was a fulltime engineer etc. I would have a HD System plus the support that comes with it anyways. I donīt have that though, so Iīm pretty sure itīs ok to not be fond of the ilok system and high fees when youīre in urgent need of support.
Mac OS X 10.6.8.
ProTools 10.2.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFx View Post
They refunded me immediately after my protest. However the issue is not solved. The first reply was to repair my volumes through disk utility...

The part about insurance is not wrong but it doesnīt change the fact that the ilok system is outdated. I donīt see why that zero downtime service has to cost an extra fee either...? Itīs my ilok, itīs my license and I already paid for the ilok so why canīt I have a free backup system. Or some kind of cloud system. Itīs just ridiculous and harms people who actually purchase the product.

If I was a fulltime engineer etc. I would have a HD System plus the support that comes with it anyways. I donīt have that though, so Iīm pretty sure itīs ok to not be fond of the ilok system and high fees when youīre in urgent need of support.
The thing I was trying to get at is you have to prepare for possible disaster beforehand and not wait until the last minute to try and find a remedy.

iLok is probably the best thing to protect software against piracy out there and still allow unlimited installs on hardware (though you can only use 1 instal at a time). Challenge/response depends on on having an internet connection although some variations will allow authorization through a different computer hooked up to the internet which again is the beauty of iLok - studio machine doesn't need to be on the net. But most c/r systems don't allow unlimited installs or will fail if you significantly change your computer's internal configuration.

I think the PlugIn Alliance is doing cloud authorization but again you need to have a machine connected to the internet. And studio computers really have no business being on the net full time. And what happens if the internet connection goes down when you're trying to get at your authorization file? You're screwed.

QAPLA!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:45 AM

You can keep adding other information but it doesnīt change anything about what I said? I was not prepared for my ilok to die. Itīs true. yes.

Backontopic:

For some reason the ilok worked shortly yesterday. I immediately transferred the license to my other ilok. it seems itīs back and running. I will do some further testing as soon as Iīm through with this current project. I suspect my external western digital studio harddisc(firewire800) might have something to do with it. It could either be something about access priviledges or maybe even the connectors/motherboard itself.
Mac OS X 10.6.8.
ProTools 10.2.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:53 AM

Just received a PT10 auth and transferred to my iLok. Got this "missing iLok auth" message.
Then the seller suggested I need an iLok2---which is true---so I bought one and moved the activation to that iLok. Unfortunately, I still get the same message.
The posts in this thread are older and mention browser conflicts, but iLok License Mgr is now the portal through which these are used. And I'm using the latest available update 3.0.2.498.
I asked iLok about it but they just tell me to contact the publisher (Avid) whom I know won't offere official support this cuz it's an old version.

Mac Pro running 10.8.5
Old 05-17-2016, 08:18 AM

If you are running HD, be sure you have the vanilla license on your ilok as well.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-17-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saspro View Post
Just received a PT10 auth and transferred to my iLok. Got this "missing iLok auth" message.
Your issue is different than the one that started this thread. Tom is correct, you only have a Pro Tools HD 10 license but as stated in the release articles like this one you also need a Pro Tools 10 license (these are typically bundled together).
Quote:
Then the seller suggested I need an iLok2---which is true...
Not true. Pro Tools 10 licenses work on an original iLok. I'd suggest contacting the seller again to work out a solution.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:05 AM

I have just purchased Pro Tools12 and have followed all the correct steps (I believe) but in the ilok license manager I'm not able to activate my Avid license to the ilok.
It seems that I have first to activate the ilok, but can't figure out where to find the needed "activation code"...it is not the code that came in the Pro Tools card, because it doesn't accept to type in letters...so where do I find this?
In my ilok account details I can't see no activation code, I didn't receive any via email....it seems I'm not the only one with this problem, but I can't see anyone posting a solution for this, or how they ended up solving it..
Cheers.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:59 AM

Does this help you?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...re-and-plugins

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com